Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Finished Afghan

Another nice cool morning for walking.  55 degrees and sunny when I started out but not long after it clouded up.  As I was nearing home I felt a few drops of rain.
I have been wearing the new walking shoes I bought a while ago just around and they started feeling pretty good so this morning I decided to give them a try again for walking.  Started walking close around home to see how they would feel on a real walk.  Not long after I started walking I could feel my heal starting to rub so I came back home and changed into my old shoes again before a blister could start. 
I didn't walk on any of my routes but just walked wherever I felt like going at the moment.  I mostly stayed along the paths in the woods and came out on the streets once in a while.
I happened to just have taken a picture so my camera was out when a deer ran out and crossed the path so I was able to get a picture of her just before she disappeared in the woods again.
 I saw a three more deer.  One of them was walking across the stream and stopped to take a drink.
I saw a few people along the streets but along the paths I saw no one.  It was nice just me and the deer being serenaded by the birds.
Today on my walk I took 13,517 steps.
*********************************************
A while back I mentioned that we bought and installed a ceiling fan with lights in the kitchen.  The other day we bought a couple of pulls so we could better reach it for tuning on and off so we didn't have to use the switch on the wall.  I was thinking of old looking glass ones but when we saw these whimsical ones we both thought they would be perfect.  There will be no mistaking which one turns on the fan or light.
After I put the ingredients in the bread machine for bread this morning, I went up into my loft, put an audio book in my laptop and proceeded to finish sewing up the weave-its and turned it into an afghan.  It took me about an hour but now it is all done.  I laid it out on the living room floor and took these pictures.


Now the fun part comes when I surprise my friend with it.   I won't see her for a few days but I'll let you know who it is for once I give it to her.

Pizza night out for us this evening and then to pick up some ice cream.  Haven't had any ice cream in the house for at least a week and the odd thing is I don't feel like having any tonight.  My snack will be a few Oreo cookies.  We will be watching the movie, Kinky Boots this evening which came in the mail from Netflix.

I hope you enjoyed your day and you made some happy memories.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
 Old as she was,
she still missed her daddy sometimes.
~ Gloria Naylor

8 comments:

Noofy said...

The picture of the path with the deer in it looks like a painting, not a photograph, amazing how the deer just popped up. Your weave-it afghan is amazing, what a nice job! I can't wait to hear how surprised your friend is. Thank you for the encouragement, I appreciate it and it is welcomed.

Vee said...

Your weave-it afghan turned out so beautifully. It looks cozy and cheerful. Perfect for snuggly weather.

It was a lovely day today... Hope that you get another one just like today tomorrow.

Cheryl said...

I think you should call your afghan A Coat of Many Colors. It's beautiful! You put so much of yourself into it. What a lovely gift it will make.

Pizza, yum. I was thinking of it tonight, but there was only me so I didn't get any. Soon :))

Taryn said...

That blanket is so awesome! I wish I could make those squares. I can do all sorts of crafty things except for those! Mom says that the green one you made her like that is her absolute favorite blanket. :)

Happy@Home said...

Your photo of the deer turned out so well.
Wow, that afghan is awesome. It still amazes me how quickly you can make them. Someone is going to be very happy to receive it. I hope we get to hear more about the mystery receiver :).
Not in the mood for ice cream. Do we need to take your temperature?? Just kidding :).

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Guess those new shoes, are really not going to work, for regular walking anyway. Well, at least you know.

Very cute pulls!!!!!!!

Beautiful work!

"Kinky Boots"! Oh that sounds like fun! ,-)

We are still moving through our list of 'NCIS' old shows (from Netflix), which we had "wonderings' about. Like... If we randomly saw (in reruns) the last show in one of the Seasons, and couldn't figure out how they 'tied things up,' in the next Season Opener, we rent that disc.

~♥~

Retired Knitter said...

Beautiful beautiful blanket.

KathyA said...

I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with that colorful afghan!! It's really beautiful.