Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A day passes quickly

I started my walk this morning a little later than usual at 7:15. I didn't take any special route, but just walked all over the place. It was a cool crisp morning which made it perfect for walking. Surprisingly I didn't see any deer but I did see quite a few blue jays which I haven't seen for a while.
By the old house when I walked I would find quite a few coins but I hardly find any here at this house. Today though I found 3 dimes and 4 pennies. :-)
I stopped and took a picture of these mums and pumpkins lined up on the stairs.

I did a bit of cleaning this morning and then a little reading. Walked across the street to the Giant and picked up a few things.

My mom read my blog yesterday and read that I was going to take up sewing and that I was going to buy a sewing machine. She told me she never sews anymore and asked if I would like to have hers. Yes Yes, thanks so much Mom. When I go and pick up the chairs I'll get the sewing machine too. I feel like Christmas has come early for me this year! :-)

It was cloudy and cool all day and by the time I left the house at 5:00 to go to the library it was raining. (My car sure didn't stay clean for very long.) I had to go and pick up a book that I had on hold. While I was there I looked up some books on sewing and checked out these 4.From the library I went to Panera's for my knitting group. Usually by 6 there are lots of people there already. Tonight there were only 5 of us. More people did trickle in later and we ended up with a group of about 15. As usual I had a nice time with all my new knitting friends. We have one man in our group and he likes to knit socks. Here's one he has knitted.
I had a half of a sandwich and a cup of tomato soup for supper before knitting. The soup was delicious and just perfect for this rainy cool evening.
I got home 9:20.

You will find me reading for the rest of the evening.
I can't believe how fast this Wednesday as gone by.
I hope your Wednesday was a day of happiness for you.

Karen :-)
One of the weaknesses of our age
is our apparent inability
to distinguish our needs from our greeds.

8 comments:

  1. What a nice day! And LOVE your new header shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the sewing machine!!

    What a nasty day today. I'm staying in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go...a sewing machine without all the decisions!

    I like your header picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if you walked today...it's so cold and raw!

    Wow, that sock is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of your mom to give you her sewing machine. I look forward to seeing what your first project will be. Those books look like they will have some great ideas to get you started.
    I am impressed with the sock that the man in your knitting group made. Very nice.
    We are having cold weather and rain today. Last night I curled up under my new afghan with a cup of tea and a good book. It was wonderful. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great solution to the sewing machine thoughts. Mum's are great !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing the blue jays here, but haven't seen them. They're sure noisy! They always remind me of 'going back to school' time as I remember hearing them while sitting in the classroom. Guess I should have paid more attention to the teacher! LOL!

    I like the picture of the mums and pumpkins. Is this at your place? Very quaint and artsy. :D

    Great stroke of luck for you, being able to get your mother's sewing machine. Looking forward to seeing your new projects.

    Okay, I can see I'm going to have to get over my fear of learning to knit. No offense to your knitting buddy, but if a man can knit that well, I should be able to learn! That's a beautiful sock he made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindy - No that isn't my steps. Just passing by and liked how it looked. Knitting is easy - you should try it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )