Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 26, 2017

Work Day

Linking up with the Barn Selective series over at Tom's.
I took this picture in PA last Thursday as I was driving to Whispering Pines.
🚜     🚜
This morning it was a nice 49 degrees and sunny as I left on my walk at 6:20.
Up to 56 when I got back home.

No special route this morning, just walked all over the place in no
particular order.  I like these random walks.

Kathy was out walking today and also saw a runner who I see every once
in a while on nice days.  Lee was out riding his bike and stopped to say HI
and gave me a couple of those peppermints that I like.

The big rolling pin is hanging outside over the door and windows at the Bakery/Deli.
(It seemed bigger when it was on the floor inside.)
Still quite a lot of work left to do inside.
The chickens over at the day care center were let out of their chicken coop
and were enjoying wandering around the yard.
 It sure was a pretty morning to be out walking.
Walked 6.4 miles
🐓     🐓
Ken left after breakfast to spend the day up at Happy Trails.
I had to stay home and get some housework done.
A sunny day with a breeze makes a good day for the laundry and I got 4 loads
washed and hung up on the line.  Clothes dried fast and one load was dry when
I brought out the next load to hang up.

Cleaned inside till lunch time and after lunch I went outside and
mowed the lawn.  Then weeded just till I filled the bucket once.
 I am happy to report that the zucchini plants in my garden now have blossoms.
The cucumbers have a couple of blossoms too but didn't take a picture.

 Went back inside at 2:30 and folded all the laundry, put the clean sheets back on the bed, washed dishes, and got a bit more cleaning done and by 3:30 I called it quits
for the day and sat out on the front porch to read but just sitting there I was
a bit chilly so came back inside to read.  Only made it in the 60's today but
it was sunny and bright.

We decided to go the Brenda's for salads and pizza for supper.
No more half price pizza on Mondays now that the tourists have arrived.
When we got back home we walked around the yard looking at the gardens
before coming inside.

Busy days go by fast but I feel good that I got stuff done.
Life is Good
A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

Nobody trips over mountains.
It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.
Pass all the pebbles in your path and
you will find that you have crossed the mountain.
~Unknown

16 comments:

Tom said...

...you can't go wrong with a red barn! What a busy day you have, thanks so much for stopping by, please come again.

Michelle said...

Those are some sweet chickens. I miss mine!

Vee said...

Strain at a gnat comes to mind re your quote for the day. Sounds pretty coolish your way. It will be cool here starting tomorrow. Love line dried clothes!

Rose said...

Nice big barn! You accomplished a lot. I have not hung out clothes this year...trying to cut down on bringing in anything else Roger is allergic too. But I used to so love hanging out clothes...all seems right with the world when I can hang out clothes and go to bed on sheets that dried in the sun.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's been cool here lately as well. I don't like the extreme heat, but I am ready for it to warm up a little more.

The Furry Gnome said...

That's still quite the big rolling pin!

Connie said...

I washed bedding for two beds today including the quilts and hung them out in the sunshine. It was a great day for line drying here, too. I also, noticed that my zucchini have started to bloom. Have you ever stuffed, breaded and fried the blossoms? They are so good! I stuff them with mozzarella and a thin slice of ham.

Linda said...

Love those bright lilies! I like the idea that "Nobody trips over mountains."

Happy@Home said...

The rolling pin looks adorable over the doors of the bakery. Can't wait to see it when it's all done.
I think we must be part of the same weather pattern as it was delightfully cool here yesterday. I was able to keep the windows open most of the day which is unheard of for these parts.
My zucchini had blooms last week. They are now gone with no squash taking their place. I'm getting concerned that they aren't being pollinated.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

The Bakery looks delightful and what a huge rolling pin. You wouldn't want that falling on your head!
Have a great day :)

Pom Pom said...

The big rolling pin is cool!
Have you ever worked outside the home? I can't remember if you have ever mentioned that. You're a good worker is why I ask. My favorite place to work is home even though I worked other places and God blessed my work.

Cat Lover said...

Great photos Karen. We recently had a new bakery open up in town too.
We are cool here today and sunny at the moment.
What a productive day you had. It does feel good to get so much done.
Take care.
Robin

Christine said...

My favourite barn colour and what a cute wee bakery with a great big rolling pin!
Lovely to see all your plants flourishing!

Blogoratti said...

Great photos indeed, especially of the barn. Thanks for sharing and greetings!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a very busy day.
Loved seeing all of your photo's - I love that large rolling pin!

All the best Jan

Adam said...

Near my work is two new pizza places opening up, one is suppose to be Detriot style