Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I'll be back

Another picture from a walk by my parents house.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
46 degrees this morning.  It was cloudy but took a long my umbrella which was a good thing because soon after I started walking it started to rain and there was a light rain during all of my walk.

I walked around the Farm Loop and a loop around town.  When I walked past the diary farm, the few cows that were in the front field were headed back to the barn all in a line.  Guess they didn't want to be out in the rain.

The two horses Faith and Grace at Farmer Bill's place must not like umbrellas because when they saw me walk by both of them ran away behind the barn.  They usually come up to the fence to see me.

It was nice hearing the rain on my umbrella. : )

Walked 6.2 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
We both got new cell phones today.  We got rid of our tracfones and both of us have our first smart phones.   Our son David will be so proud of us. : )

Last week when we were up at my parents house we took them for a ride on one of the nice sunny days.
Stopped to take this picture of the island in a lake.
And thought how neat it would be to live on that island.  I zoomed in for a closer look.
This is another picture I took walking from the cabin we stayed at to my parents house.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
My Dad went to the doctor today and the news was even worse than we expected.
I will be taking a break from blogging for a while.   Please continue to keep us all in your prayers. 
I will try to get around to visit you once in while and I will be back to blogging one day soon.

God Bless you all.
happyone : )

28 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

So sorry about the news from your Dad's doctor appointment....prayers for all of you. HOPE you won't be gone too long...I so enjoy "walking" with you.

Nellie said...

Oh, Karen! I'm so sorry to hear there is disturbing news from your Dad's appointment! Thinking and praying for you! Hugs!

Vee said...

Definitely keeping you all in my prayers. ♪He leads His children along...some through the water, some through the flood, some through the fire, but all through the blood♪ He'll be with you even in difficult times, most especially in the difficult times. A gentle hug and much love to you...

Deb J. in Utah said...

Karen - you and your family will be in my prayers, as me and my family have been in yours. God will bless and comfort you and get through the tough times. Prayers from AZ. Take care and hope to hear from you again soon.

Pom Pom said...

I'm so sorry, Karen. I'll hold you in prayer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

May God give you daily strength for this journey.

The Furry Gnome said...

Take care; I'll be thinking of you and your parents.

Adam said...

I'm sorry to hear news is even grimmer than expected.

Aritha V. said...

Praying for you this morning.
xxx

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am so sorry! I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care {{hugs}}

Christine said...

Dear Karen, so sorry to learn of this news and will certainly pray for you all. God bless and give you strength and grace. Hugs

Kerri Farley said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cat Lover said...

Karen, take care and know we are thinking about and praying for you and your family.

Alica said...

Thinking of you and your family.

Lisa said...

Oh sorry about your Dad. Ill keep you all in my prayers. Gonna miss your blogging. Ill wait.
Lisa

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the news of your Dad. I'm praying for you and him and will look forward to "our walks" when you return.

Ruta M. said...

Praying for you and your family.

Happy@Home said...

I have just read through your last few posts. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's health challenges and what it will mean for him and your Mom. These things can be so hard to understand, but I know your strong faith will be a comfort to you in the days ahead. Please know that you will be in my thoughts while you are away and I will be praying for all of you. Hugs.

Linda said...

So sorry to hear about Aunt Ida and Uncle Eddie. Will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your photo's on this post are so lovely, very special.

I am sorry to learn about your Dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

All the best Jan

Sunflower Days said...

Karen, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you my love and prayers. Pam

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos as always! You and Ken are in our thoughts and prayers! Sending you hugs! I sent you email! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos as always! You and Ken are in our thoughts and prayers! Sending you hugs! I sent you email! :)

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I'm very sorry to hear about the bad news. Miss your blog and hope all gets better soon. Keeping you on my prayer list. Kindest regards, John

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Your father is in my thoughts and prayers <3

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this. I've been "out of the loop" and have family coming next week. Prayers for you and your family.

jen said...

Thinking of and praying for you and your family -
Take care-

Prunella Pepperpot said...

My thoughts are with you x