Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

A little more snow and my first ever turkey!!

☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
I had a snowy walk this morning.  Temperature was 28 degrees and every once in a while a gust of wind would come along.  Some times the snow would be almost stopped and other times I could barley see where I was going.

Walked around town with no special route in mind.
One of the guys who works at the garage in town said to me, "You are like the mailmen, out in all kinds of weather."   : )

Didn't see any rabbits today, but did see a lot of their footprints.  There must be lots of rabbits around here!!
A few pictures along my walk.



I walked 5.5 miles.
☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
Tuesday today which means bowling day.  There were 6 of us.  Nice to have Bettye and Trish back from their Florida visit.  Now we just need to get Dennis and Betty back to have all 8 of us again.  They came back in April, I think.
Ken's handle on his bowling bag broke and last week we went to buy him a new one.  He didn't like the new ones, so I gave him my old one and I got a nice new pink one. : )

My scores today: 118, 119, 160, 122.
Just soso except for my 160.  I had never ever gotten three strikes in a row.  But then today I got my first ever Turkey and in the 10th frame.  : )
If you're wondering why three strikes in a row are called a 'Turkey' find out HERE.

It's been snowing on and off all day and the temperature has been dropping.
That's it for today.  Just a regular night at home this evening.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )
The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.
~ Unknown

14 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Congratulations on the bowling. I love the photo of the evergreens in the snow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those snowy picture do look pretty. The world looks so clean and pure with a fresh layer of snow.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like tou havemore snow than we do!

doodles n daydreams said...

Oh never mind a turkey, I'm happy if I get a strike :) I still manage to bowl a gutterball so you can tell I don't play often. We never grew up with bowling as part of the culture, it was only something we ever saw on American movies.
Have a nice day,

Diana

Adam said...

I was close to a turkey once, but it metaphorically flew away

jen said...

lol - when I read Turkey in the title I thought maybe you saw a wild turkey on your walk :)
My son is having his birthday party at the bowling alley Saturday so I'll sound very smart to the kids telling them what a turkey in bowling is :)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

I too was expecting to see a wild turkey running around with the rabbits in the snow :)

Cat Lover said...

You must be getting all of our snow Karen! We barely have a dusting covering the lawns. Your new bowling bag is very pretty. I've noticed lots of rabbit tracks under our feeders too.
Have a good day.

Kerri Farley said...

Congrats on your "turkey" !! We've gotten just a bit of snow this go 'round .... but maybe a little more coming today :) I'm ready for Spring!

Melanie said...

Very interesting! I always wondered why it was called a turkey. They are hard to do. Congratulations. Lovely snow photos!

eileeninmd said...

Congrats on your Turkey! That is awesome! Love the pretty snowy scenes, we had some more snow yesterday too. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Happy@Home said...

Congratulations on your turkey. I must admit I thought you were going to be showing us a turkey you encountered on your walk. Interesting how the bowling turkey got it's name. That is also an interesting site you linked to.
Love the first photo of the snowy tree. Makes me want to decorate it with snowmen ornaments.

Nellie said...

Congratulations on that bowling success! It is good to have something to do when the winter is so cold and snowy!

Anonymous said...

I'd never heard of a bowling "turkey." When I saw your title, I thought one had crossed your path on your walk. You are as dependable as USPS!