Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 19, 2014

Frozen fog

The trees on the mountain were frozen and looked beautiful. 
It was foggy and the fog just froze on the trees.
The picture can only partially capture the beauty of it.
☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
It was a bit chilly out there walking this morning but it was beautiful as well.  It was cloudy, 25 degrees and just a bit breezy.  Yesterday my face got a bit chapped from the cold wind and last night I put Vaseline on it and it was almost back to normal this morning.  Put some more on this morning to protect my face from the cold and will start doing that on these cold mornings.
It was supposed to snow last night but it still hadn't started by morning.

Walked out toward HT again and also up Barn Sale Rd, but just part way up to the wide open part.  Just a bit too cold and windy to be out in the open.  Headed into town and then just walked around there.   Again I didn't see anyone else out.  Didn't even spot any animals except for a some cows and they were huddled around hay pile eating.

I stayed warm in all my layers but it was still nice to come home to a cozy warm house.
I walked 6.2 miles.
☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
Had a nice time last night at the restaurant and ornament exchange.  I got a sparkly golden reindeer to hang on the tree.  The food was very good and there was much laughter and just a good time.

After lunch we went out to the Shop and Save and replenished our ice cream.  We wait until a sale and then stock up.

 Still knitting on the baby sweater, but so far it is going smoothly and I've had no trouble.  Hope I didn't speak too soon!! 

The movie, Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House came in the mail from Netflix today and we plan on watching it this evening and eating home made pizza.  A nice cozy thing to do on a cold evening.  The movie is an old Cary Grant movie and my blogger friend Kerin recommended it. 

It's been another good day here in western Maryland.  Would like to see a little snow though.  : )
Hope your day is a good one too and that you are happy and content.
happyone : )
The universal joy of Christmas is certainly wonderful.
We ring the bells when princes are born,
or toll a mournful dirge when great men pass away.
Nations have their red-letter days, their carnivals and festivals,
but once in a year and only once,
the whole world stands still to celebrate the advent of a life.
~ Unknown
Comment replies:
Thanks for all the prayers for Farmer Georg.  I'll let you know if I hear anything else about him.

Barb - Thanks for stopping by.  I often think of Centennial Lake and walking around it and I can't think of it without thinking of you.  You are part of place. : )  I miss those awesome sunrises.  Happy walking.  : ) 

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Oh wow, the frosty trees are gorgeous.. I just showed your photo to my hubby, he loves them too. I think I have seen that movie before, it was good.. Enjoy your evening and the weekend !

Nellie said...

That is an awesome picture! We had heavy fog a couple of mornings ago, but the temperature wasn't cold enough to freeze it on the trees. Your evening plans sound very appealing! I love pizza, and it has been too long since we have had some! Perhaps before the week-end is over.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The frost covered trees are gorgeous.

The Furry Gnome said...

That first picture is amazing! We sometimes get hoarfrost here that is so beautiful!

Jocee said...

Love your foggy trees.

doodles n daydreams said...

The hoar frost on the trees is beautiful. And the idea of a decoration swap is a neat one. sounds like you're having fun getting ready for Christmas.

Diana

George said...

Freezing fog can be dangerous, but your photo shows how beautiful it can be as well. You're not the only one wishing for snow, and I hope you (and Betsy) get some soon.

Ruta M. said...

Those trees look so beautiful.
I too try to protect my face when I'm working outside. This year I'm using coconut oil (which I bought for cooking with) as a more natural alternative to petroleum based products. I also have been rubbing some into my hands before I put on my work gloves. It seems to be doing the job. Stay warm.

Vee said...

Oh those trees! What a scene... Did you like the movie?