Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tuesday

This might be a strange thing to be thankful for 
but I'm thankful for Thank You notes.
I know when we do something for someone we do it because we want to
and don't expect any thing in return.
But when I get a Thank You note it warms my heart.
I've said this before but I keep the Thank You notes that I get
in a basket and once in a while I read them.
They always make me smile.
Some notes in my basket are from people I don't even remember.
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
This is a window in a house in town that is abandoned and has been 
neglected since I've been walking past it.
In the picture you can see torn curtains at the window.
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
When I went walking this morning the temperature was 38 degrees and windy.  It was a cloudy morning but later in the day the sun came out and it was a pretty day.

Today I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road and it must have just gotten hit because the smell was really bad.

I walked all over town.  Again today I didn't see anyone else out.  While I was walking I tried to plan what I am going to say tonight when I give my testimony but nothing sounds quite right to me.  I decided not to take any notes of what I will say but just say what comes to mind.  
 
The town has put up Christmas wreaths on all the street lights on the main street and some Happy Holiday flags around.
I just can't believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up so soon.

Today I walked my usual 6.2 miles.
✼     ✼     ✼     ✼
Since the weather was nice I figured I'd better take my car out for a run.  My car doesn't do snow so I may not have that many more times to drive it before winter. 

The annual cookie sale at the Drane House will be December 6, next Friday, and I was asked to bake Welsh Cookies again like I did last year.  This afternoon I made two dozen of them.  I need to make three more dozen.  The cookie sale is a big thing around here and it doesn't take long for them to sell out.  Here is link to a previous post from April of last year (hadn't moved up here yet) showing the Welsh Cookies.

Had a book on hold at the library and it was ready so went over to the library and picked it up.  It's one for my book club and this time if I don't like it right away I'm not reading it.

In another hour we leave for church.  We will be having pie for supper tonight. : )

Hope your day has been sunny and bright.
happyone : )
Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings,
turn routine jobs into joy,
and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
~ William Arthur Ward

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

It is nice to be thankful for simple things like thank you notes.. Sounds like a nice day, I am sure the house smells wonderful with cookies baking.. And wow, pie for dinner? Sounds yummy!! Have a great evening.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That abandoned house looks kind of sad. Maybe someone will buy it and fix it up and make it happy! It does always make one feel good and appreciated when someone takes the time to write a thank you note. Can't wait to read about how sharing your testimony goes tonight! I know you did really well and sure wish I could have been there to hear you. :-) See you tomorrow!

Kerin said...

Beautiful windows in that old house. It must have been quite a beautiful home, in it's day.
I just cannot understand why old homes are left, abandoned and neglected.
Of course, I am an old house lover and advocate.. but these old homes are gems and need to be preserved :)

I am glad that you are going to bear your testimony from your heart... as it should be :)

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

your friend...
Kerin

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I like your idea of saving Thank You notes in a special place and then going back and looking at them again. Please tell us how your talk went at church. Have a great day. John

o2bhiking said...

Pie for supper (or for breakfast) sounds like a great meal to me! What a difference a day makes, looking at your photos for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thank you notes seems to be a fading habit. I like sending and receiving them myself.
Art