Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 23, 2014

A new gas tank

❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
This morning it was 42 degrees when I walked.  No rain but it was cloudy and felt like rain. 

Walked all over town and down the main road out of town in the opposite direction from HT.  The picture here is down by a small industrial park off the main road in town.

I didn't see anyone else out walking and didn't even see any animals either.  Just too dark!!  Looking forward to changing the clocks back to the normal time it's supposed to be. 

Still I enjoyed my walk and walked 6.3 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
Not long after breakfast we left in the truck and went down to Cumberland to pick up a new gas tank for the church bus.  The old tank has a slow leak.  It was a little bit tricky finding the place because there are so many one way streets and there doesn't seem to be any order to how the streets are laid out.  Very hilly streets too. I would have never found it but with Ken's good sense of direction we did. 

We stopped at Wendy's for lunch.  I usually get a baked potato but today I splurged and got a spicy chicken sandwich.  I can't remember the last time I had one of those and it was so good,  I enjoyed every bite. : )

We were stopped at a railroad crossing and was pleasantly surprised to see this old steam engine go by.  I took this picture out of the window.
We dropped the gas tank off at an auto shop that is owned by a member of the church and they will be putting the new gas tank in the bus. 

It was nice to see a little bit of sun today.  It was cloudy when we left but sunny down in Cumberland. Then back home it was cloudy again.  
Still there was no rain and we enjoyed our day.
Life is Good.

Hope your day was a happy one and you smiled often.
happyone : )
If you believe what you like in the gospels,
and reject what you don't like,
it is not the gospel you believe,
but yourself.
~ Saint Augustine

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I was a chilly and windy day here.. I love the Steam Engine shot.. Wonderful series of photos..Have a great evening..

Kerri Farley said...

Yep, windy and chilly here too! What a COOL Train!!!

Anonymous said...

St. Augustine is correct. :)

How neat to see the steam engine, and very glad you had your camera with you!

Lindy

renae said...

Oh I have to say that we just can't be friends because Jr. Mints are the absolute worst candy made to mankind, and Oreo Cookies are the number one chocolate mess of a cookie. They both are not friendly to my palette at all. (but I guess we can still be friends) LOL . Have a wonderful Friday - Saturday and of course the Best Day of the Week! Sunday!!

Happy@Home said...

Glad to hear that you found your way to the new gas tank. Those one way streets can be so tricky especially when you're not familiar with the area.
Love your shot of the steam engine. Very nostalgic.

o2bhiking said...

What a neat trail! I bet that gave Ken an idea or two for his layout!
Art

Ida said...

Your area sure has some lovely fall foliage. Wow that was really cool to see the Steam Engine train.