Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 14, 2012

A foggy morning at the lake

It was 52 degrees this morning when I started out on my walk.  It was a little cloudy and when I looked in the direction of the lake saw fog.  Once I got to the lake it looked like this.
I walked around the lake in the opposite direction I usually take.  Very quiet by the lake and only saw a few people.  Geese and rabbits were about and I saw the white egret again.
As I walked around the lake the sun tried to break through the fog.
It finally did and by the time I was home the sun was shining in a bright blue sky.
I walked 6.4 miles.
Sunrise 6:48
Sunset 7:17
********************
Just time for a quick breakfast this morning - I had cocoa puffs. : )  and then walked down the street to church.  Helped set up for a luncheon for tomorrow.  We set up tables and chairs and then set the table and got some fall decorations set out.  I would have taken a picture but it was a rare time that I left my camera at home.  I brought along some chocolate chip cookies for the workers. : )

I took a little walk on the way home - not far just turned the two block walk into three quarters of a mile.  I didn't find any coins on my morning walk but on the way home I found a dime.

I took some calico curtains down at the old house the other day and today I put them up in the kitchen here at home.  I think these red calico curtains look more cheery then the maroon plaid ones.
Cleaning out a closet the other day I came across a box that had my old collection of Blue Wedgewood that I collected many years ago when we lived in Scotland.  These pieces have been packed away for years and I've been meaning to sell them for a very long time.  Now I'm glad that I never did because I really think they are pretty.  I've set them out here in the corner of the kitchen.
We aren't going up to Happy Trails this week.  Ken had to be at work today.  So we will spend the evening here at home.  Just got finished with the supper dishes.  I'll read for a while before watching more of Once Upon a Time and eating ice cream.  I think tonight I'll go back to the chocolate chip mint.

Hope your day was happy and your night is peaceful.
Happyone

Faith can move mountains,
but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel.
~Author Unknown

5 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

You have such a lovely home :)

Debbie Jones said...

I love your kitchen. Very homey. That is a great place to display your lovely dishes and I like the old/new curtains you put up in the windows. Sounds like you had a nice day. Enjoy your evening.

Vee said...

Now that is a cozy, beautiful room. I enjoyed seeing your dishes both the blue Wedgewood and the Fiesta, which really pops in the white cupboard. Your curtains look charming, too.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

THANK YOU for the pictures, from the old house! Lovely, just lovely. LOVE the calico curtains. Oh yummmy!!!

Everything looks so inviting!

So happy you showed us! When you have been saying that you washed this and that, and cleaned floors and etc..... I thought that was ALL you were doing! Making sure the old house was free of dust, etc.

I had NO IDEA, that you were STAGING it!!!! Super! It makes it look like any perspective buyer, could just move right in and sit down at the table, for a cup of coffee and a chat.

Mmmmmm yes! What a wonderful difference! From the clean-but-stark-and-bare-old-home I had pictured.

To this warm and inviting scene I see here!

Oh more! More pics please! Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with coco-puffs on top! ,-)

"Auntie"

o2bhiking said...

I don't think I ever mentioned that I like the name "Happy Trails" for your mountain retreat. I hope that you can be there soon. Art