Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wednesday

⛅     ⛅
55 degrees again this morning.  Started out sunny but then clouded up 
and there were a few rain drops but they didn't amount to anything.
The rest of the day was a mix of rain, clouds, and sun.

My walk today was around town going up and down all the streets.
Went a ways up Barn Sale, toward HT, around the cemeteries and
the ball park loop.

The building the car dealer is putting up is coming along and they
are working on it most days and looks like it will be done soon.
Kathy was out walking but I saw her far away and she didn't see me.

Lots of cows back in the pasture up Barn Sale but
they were too busy eating to take notice of me.  

Walked 6.1 miles
⛅     ⛅
Right after breakfast we headed over to church.  It was time for me
to weed the little garden by the radio station. 
Looks so much better after a little weeding.
Planted some marigolds there too.
Should have taken a picture but didn't think of it.
  Ken was busy getting the church trailer ready for another trip to
pick up more scriptures to put together for next month.

Ken dropped my off home and he went up to HT.
I weeded the vegetable garden and then came inside and
made Rhubarb Cobbler with the rhubarb out of the garden.

Had a quick supper and then I walked over to the
library for a session of coloring.
 I was the only one who showed up but enjoyed coloring anyway.
The two librarians colored too and took turns when someone needed help
at the desk.
 Would have taken a picture of my picture but didn't finish it
so I will have to finish it next time.
Ken picked me up and we went to church for Wednesday Prayer Meeting. 

Home now and will be nice to sit in my chair and have some of that
Rhubarb Cobbler.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"Clouds are the sky's imagination."
Terri Guillements
Comment Replies:
PomPom - The cabin is a good distance away from the house so we will still use it as a little getaway.  It will make a nice guest cabin for visitors.  If it is too rugged for quests, they can have the house and Ken and I will stay in the cabin.  I'm thinking my Son, David will love staying in the cabin.  Maybe he'll be by for more visits. 😊

Vee - Yes, I have a day goal of steps and keep my Striiv in my pocket ALL the time.  I keep track on a web site with other walkers and I've joined a challenge for the year to walk at least 15,017 steps a day.  As of today I'm in 7th place out of 72.

Art - Yes, when the house is built we will live there full time and sell the house in town.

13 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I've at least got back into my walking. In the winter after my eye surgery I found I couldn't easily keep my balance, so laid off the walking for awhile. Once you do that, it's so hard to get back into it!

Connie said...

Wow!!! Look at that sky:)

Tom said...

...great to see that you are having some beautiful skies too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The cloud picture is stunning.

Breathing In Grace said...

You live in such a beautiful area of our country. Love the sky pic...they're some of my very favorite. You need to link up to my Friday Foto Friends...you take awesome pics! Can't wait to see the progress as it happens on your new home at Happy Trails. You must be so excited!

Aritha V. said...

You sky is so nice!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your sky photo is beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing HT finished. The day can go by quickly just walking, weeding, cooking and church. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead.

ellen b said...

That first shot is such an interesting sky, beautiful. You rewarded yourself well for such a busy active day! I'm happy to report I had over 11,000 steps yesterday. Have a great Thursday!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

The colouring sounds nice and relaxing. Rhubarb cobbler, how delicious xx

Henny Penny said...

I love the sky picture too! One of these days I'm going to find out what rhubarb tastes like. A rhubarb cobbler sounds good. My husband loves blackberry cobbler.

o2bhiking said...

I look forward to seeing the picture that you create. That is cool about living at Happy Trails eventually. I guess your cabin will be a guest cottage at that point?

Vee said...

Oh I am sure that David and the grands would love staying at the cabin! What fun! Congrats on 7th place with your walking challenge.

Lowcarb team member said...

That sky is so beautiful.
Glad that you were able to do your colouring with the librarians ...

All the best Jan