Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Bloggers Meet

🌳     🌳
Walked out the garage door and it started raining so turned around 
 went back in and picked up my umbrella and then went walking.  
64 degrees and it rained on and off during all of my walk.  
The umbrella went up and down quite a few times.

Walked behind my house, through town, up Sale Barn, down
toward Happy Trails, around both cemeteries and back home.

Didn't see any one else out in the rain.

Saw the usual rabbits and some very young ones.
A few killdeers were around by the town pond. 

Walked 6.2 miles
Found a penny  😊
🌳     🌳
9:30 this morning I got in my car and drove to Whispering Pines
in Spring, Pa which is only about 18 miles from my house. 
I went there to meet two blogger friends.
That's Melanie on the left and Dianna on the right.
Dianna and I met through blogging and we have become 'in person'
friends too.  Melanie and I are also blogging friends and she is visiting Dianna
so the three of us planned to meet at Whispering Pines.
It was so nice to finally meet Melanie and the three of us had a great
time talking and laughing.  As with all bloggers friends I've met it is
like meeting an old friend. 
We had lunch at The Dawdy Haus which is a little cafe at the store.

The three of us bought a few little goodies from the store.
I got these cute measuring cups.
A kind employee at the store was nice enough to take pictures of us
with three different cameras. 
Those few hours went by very fast and soon it was time to head back home.

I should have done some work when I got home but I didn't do a thing.
Got a little reading done and put out bird seed for the birds.
Had supper and now here I am.

Life is Good
 A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends,
never lose a chance to make them."
~ Francesco Guicciardini

21 comments:

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Oh how lovely, what a wonderful way to spend a day. Perhaps we'll meet over a cup of tea one day xx

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

That sounds like fun. So many bloggers feel like friends and often check to see if you're ok. Funny, I thought I had a picture of you in my mind after walking daily with you so often (via blogging) that I was surprised that you were taller than I expected.

Michelle said...

So nice you were able to meet blogging friends. I have yet to do this!

Tom said...

...it's alway nice to have a new friend.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds and looks as if you had a great day.

All the best Jan

Happy@Home said...

How wonderful to meet some more of your blog friends. That sounds and looks like a very nice day. Your new measuring cups are darling.

Rose said...

I have only met one other blogger...and though she doesn't blog but occasionally, we keep in touch. We had planned to go down to their house last fall, then Roger had the stroke in August.

Pom Pom said...

How fun! Thank you for sharing with us!

The Furry Gnome said...

Amazing how you become 'friends' with other bloggers!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh how fun! I have met a couple of my blogging friends and loved every minute of the time spent together.The measuring cups are adorable.

ellen b said...

So much fun to meet up with bloggy friends. It's nice to see the photo of the three of you. Have a wonderful weekend.

Adam said...

The closest blogger (in my circle) to me that I can recall is like four hours drive away and she doesn't really post much anymore

Deb J. in Utah said...

How wonderful that you got to meet up! I have met a couple of blogger friends and meeting you is still on my list! Enjoy what's left of the week!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is wonderful you were able to meet with your blogging friends. Great shot of the three of you together. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Cat Lover said...

Karen, how wonderful you all met! Looks and sounds like you all had a great day.
Take care.
Robin

Blogoratti said...

Wonderful photos and can see the happiness radiating forth. Its always nice to meet blogger friends!

Connie said...

How fun meeting with your blogging sisters. Those little measuring cups are adorable :)
Happy weekend!
Connie :)

Henny Penny said...

Oh, look at you three! That is so neat! Glad you had a good time. I was lucky enough to meet Dianna once. Maybe one day I will get to meet you and Melanie.

Breathing In Grace said...

So happy Y'all got to meet in person. We failed to get pictures the day Melanie and I met. 😞 Blogging brings us so close to others. Hope you have a great weekend.

o2bhiking said...

That's wonderful that you got to meet Dianna and Melanie! How cool is that?

M.K. said...

What fun! I've ever only met one blogging friend in person, and it was a lovely time, but too short. Glad you had this visit.