Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Working day of Fingerprints

🐟     🐟
It was a soggy start walking this morning in the rain and 52 degrees with some
wind thrown in too.  Wore my rain pants, slicker and waterproof sneakers.  



Walked behind my house, through town and back, around the cemeteries, and the ball park loop and then around town.  Don't usually see many people out on rainy days and didn't today either.  

Picture is the path behind the ball park loop and it is a bit overgrown.


 The rain didn't seem to bother the rabbits or the horses.

After about 4 miles it stopped raining but stayed cloudy and there was some more rain at the end of my walk.  
Walked 6 miles
Found a penny
🐟     🐟
Right after breakfast we went to church for a day of doing Fingerprints.
At one point there were 21 of us there but by the end of the day
there were just 4 left.
We got over 3000 Romans books assembled. 

Afterward we stopped at Walmart for a few things and then tried a new
pizza place for supper.  Don't think we will be going back there again.
The pizza crust was NOT hand tossed and it tasted like a frozen pizza.
We then treated ourselves to an ice cream cone at Katie's and that
was good.  We have been passing Katie's since we moved here just about
4 years ago and today was the first time we stopped!!

Don't think I'll be having any snack later.  That ice cream cone was a big one!!

It's been a good work day and I'm ready to have a relaxing evening
watching Netflix (Murdoch Mystery - we are on season 4)
and reading.

Hope your day was happy and bright.
happyone  💗

"I nod to a passing stranger, and the stranger nods back,
and two human beings go off, feeling a little less anonymous.
~ Robert Brault
 Comment Replies:
Tom - Yes, skunk cabbage.  Didn't know that the flower was called Dame Rocket.  Thanks for letting me know.  It is all over the place!!

14 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like the way that path looks.I can see that it would yield many lovely photo opportunities.

Rose said...

I would love to have a place like this to walk. Such a beautiful area.

Henny Penny said...

That's a pretty path, a pretty place to walk. I thought our rain was over but we had a couple of thunderstorms and more rain late today.

Tom said...

...it was a nasty day to be out here.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice path through the woods.

Vee said...

I will have to look for that one. I am going to watch some BBC programming in bed here in a bit. The furnace went down and it's a wee bit chilly. Chilly enough that ice cream does not sound good.

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, the last couple days we have managed to get our walk in between the rain showers.
Sounds like a busy day for you and Ken. Too bad about the pizza!
Take care.
Robin

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the path, looks pretty. I hope the rain is gone now. Ice cream and pizza two of my favorite things. Enjoy your day and happy Memorial Day weekend!

Adam said...

A restaurant that tastes like grocery store food will not last long I imagine. Some guy is being greedy and will end up costing him in the long run

Melanie said...

I take it you really like Murdock Mysteries. I tried a couple episodes but couldn't get into it. I may have to give it another try. Your Fingerprint ministry is doing such good work! Have a blessed day.

Aritha V. said...

Thanks for you photos. Love it to see every time.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow, what a wonderful shade of pink in your first photograph ... just lovely.

All the best Jan

Breathing In Grace said...

I absolutely love Murdoch Mystery. I can't remember where we are exactly, but if and when we finish, I'm pretty sure tears will be shed! Happy Memorial Day weekend!

M.K. said...

Sounds like a very good day (except that pizza). Have you tried the Dr. Blake murder mysteries? I think it's on Netflix. It's Australian. We like it so far.