Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 27, 2017

More rain today

🇺🇸     🇺🇸
Had the exact same weather for walking as yesterday.
52 degrees and rain was supposed to be coming later in the morning
and once again I didn't make it home before the rain.
3 miles into walking a light drizzle started and by mile 4 it
was raining and I got soaked just like yesterday.

Walked first to the library and dropped a book down the slot. 
Flower pot at the library
Then up and town all the streets in town, both cemeteries and the ball park loop. 
Saw all the usual bunnies and this one didn't run off and let me get
pretty close to take the pictures.

 Lisa was out running again and was just as wet as I was.

Don't really mind the rain, but it would be nice to walk in the sun
again one day.
Walked 6 miles
🇺🇸     🇺🇸
It's been raining on and off all day.
We went out to do a few errands in McHenry.
Lots of people around for the three day weekend and the official start
of the tourist season.

Between rain Ken went out and did some work rerouting the rain water.
It now comes off the roof and goes into our water feature.

The asparagus from my garden have been popping with new shoots daily.
I got these out of the garden today.
I can't believe how fast it grows.

My day was sunny and bright even though it rained all day.
Hope yours was too.
happyone : )

"Wherever you go, no matter the weather,
always bring your own sunshine ."
~ Anthony J D'Angelo

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you managed some pretty photos from the walk and the rainy morning. The sky shot is pretty. Love the cute bunny. Asparagus is my favorite veggie. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Adam said...

such a cute little bunny

Tom said...

...sounds like you get the weather that we had yesterday.

The Furry Gnome said...

Good looking asparagus! We love it at this time of year.

Rose said...

I am sorry you don't get to walk in the sun....I loved the quote you left us with.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your first picture today, with the reflections,is spectacular. You are braver than I would be.I am quite sure I wouldn't be walking in the rain.

ellen b said...

That is some good looking asparagus. Lovely photos along your way. Hope you were able to have a nice hot shower when you returned from your rainy walk!

Retired Knitter said...

I can only imagine how wonderful fresh from the garden asparagus must be.

Lowcarb team member said...

Asparagus ...
Yummy!

Love that cute bunny!

All the best Jan