Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 26, 2017

Birthday lunch for Bettye

🌾     🌾
Some low hanging clouds around this morning when I set out walking.
It was 52 degrees and wasn't supposed to rain until later in the morning
so figured I had plenty of time to get a dry walk in.
But that was not to be.  After about 3 miles or so a light drizzle started
and after another mile it just rained and I got soaking wet.

Walked behind my house, through town, up Barn Sale, around the one cemetery,
and the ball park loop.  A quick loop around town and home.

The wild daisies are now blooming along the edges of the road.
 Workers were working on the old bakery and I stopped and asked
them what it was to be.
A Mennonite Bakery/Deli was the answer.

Lisa was out running getting soaking wet too.
Walked 6 miles
 ðŸŒ¾     🌾
Today is my friend Bettye's birthday and a few of us ladies met for lunch
to celebrate.  We had a nice time and I am happy to have them as
my friends.  Didn't take pictures of any food but the server took
this picture of us.  Actually three of us asked her to take pictures
and she was kind enough to do it.
Starting on the right with the birthday day girl is
Bettye 🎂, Debbie, Heidi, Me, and Tricia.
I started reading the next book for my book club the Devil in the White City
and though I haven't gotten very far I already like it.

Ken has to go out in a little while and I plan to read more of it.

Hope your day was sunny and bright.
A happy day to you.
happyone 💗

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are
and then wait for the answer.
~ Unknown

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I love all the spring growth in the first photo.

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun group!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like that bakery should be serve good food. It is always a treat to get together with friends, whether to celebrate a birthday or simps your friendship.

ellen b said...

Looks like a great birthday group celebration. Sorry you got soaked on your walk!

Sue said...

You must be getting the rain we had for about 4 days, it was so nice to see the sun today! I know everyone is going to enjoy the Mennonite bakery/ deli! Birthday wishes for your friend Bettye! love the quote of friendship! Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend,
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

Love all the shades of colour in your first photograph.

So good to see you all in the photograph, sending my good wishes as Bettye celebrates her birthday.

All the best Jan

Adam said...

I think I saw some daises today as well

eileeninmd said...

Hello, happy birthday to Bettye! Lovely photo of you and your friends. The daisies are pretty and I love the color of the trees in the first shot. Happy Memorial Day weekend to you!

Rose said...

Happy Birthday to your friend Betty...that looks like a friendly group of women! I love the photo below the daisies...not sure why but it really appeals to me.

Dianna said...

We missed you guys last night. Their next sale is June 9.

It looks as if you and your friends had a lovely time celebrating Bettye's birthday! I love it when a group of ladies are able to get together for good fellowship like that! :)

When the Mennonite bakery/deli opens you will enjoy stopping by there. :) It makes me think of the Dawdy Haus Coffee in Springs, PA.

Melanie said...

Bettye looks like she is really enjoying her birthday lunch! I don't think I would like walking in the rain. Good for you! I remember many years ago walking a March of Dimes Walk-a-thon and the last half of it was in the rain! Have a great weekend!

Christine said...

Glad you were all able to get together & enjoy Bettye's birthday!
Our roadside daisies are blooming too!

Snow said...

What a fine looking group of ladies. I love groups like this, with genuine friends! So glad you gave us a picture of your friends. Trying to memorize their names. Love, MJ