Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 24, 2017

Barn Collective

Linking up with the Barn Collective series over at Tom's blog.
🚜     🚜     🚜
This morning the temperature was 42 degrees and there was a drizzly
rain during all of my walk and the last couple of miles a gusty wind kicked up.

Not much going on around town this morning and I didn't see anyone
else out walking or running.

Walked behind my house and all over town up and down all the streets.

Walked 6.2 miles
Found a penny 😊
🌻     🌻     🌻
Home in the morning and then after lunch we went and had the
oil changed in the truck.
Thought about staying home but went to keep Ken company.
Afterward we stopped in at Walmart to pick up a couple of things.

Knitted when we got back home.
I'm knitting some more dish cloths - a set of 4 for my friend Tricia.
And no, Tricia you may NOT pay me for them. 😊
I've finished 2 of them and will make another one tonight.

Took chicken out of the freezer for supper but it was still frozen
so it I thought it was a good idea to go to Brenda's for
half price pizza and a salad.
Guess who was there?  Gail who walks in the mornings too.
She stopped at our table and we met her husband Mel.  He's been waving to
me for a couple of years on his way to work when he passes me walking
in the morning.  Nice to meet him.

I'll be reading some more of my book a little later.
Glad to hear you like Louise Penny Kim.

That's been my Monday.
It's been a rainy dreary day but still it was a good one.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🍭

"If today you can't be anything else to anybody,
you can be the passing stranger who nodded hello."
~ Robert Brault
Comment Replies:
Patti - I have no idea what is moving into the bakery but I sure am curious and will keep you posted.  Yes, I sleep 😊.  Bedtime is about 11:30 and I'm usually up by 6:30 and out the door walking.  Morning walks really do give you energy!!

Dianna - Yes, the house in Saturday's post is the Drane House and it is here in town just a mile from my house.  If you click on the DraneHouse link below the posts you can read about it.

17 comments:

ellen b said...

Lately I can appreciate rust on old things. Glad you had a good Monday despite the dreary weather.

Rose said...

I just love reading about your day/walk. I like the barn shot...did you take it on your walk?

Tom said...

...sorry to hear about your wet walk, but I sure do like that rusty barn. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and I hope that you find another barn or two.

o2bhiking said...

Good for you, walking in the rain. I slept poorly and woke at 4AM for good. Just a struggle to get through the work day today. Tomorrow is another day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lots of rust on that old barn for sure. Sounds like a pleasant day. Hope tomorrow is the same. :-)

Adam said...

That one side really is rusty

Dianna said...

Isn't it fun to meet people like Gail and her husband when you are out and about? The barn in the picture looks quite large. Very nice picture!

Cat Lover said...

Good morning Karen, love the barn in your first photo. We had a cool but sunny day yesterday but we are expecting rain later today. Did you send yours up our way? ;)
Lovely you met Gail and Mel at Brenda's. We have become friends with people we meet walking too.
Enjoy your day!
Robin

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful view of the barn. We are having a few rainy days here. I hope the sun comes out soon. The pizza sounds like great choice for dinner. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Vee said...

You are becoming more "knitted in" to the community every day. That's a good thing. It must have been fun to know that the guy who has been waving to you is Gail's husband. What a chilly day in your corner...I do believe it's headed to my corner.

Christine said...

What a lovely view down towards the barn!

Melanie said...

Yesterday was not raining, which was a change. I walked on the Greenway for awhile. That's great that you got to meet Gail's husband and to find familiar faces.

Michelle said...

That first shot is excellent!

Kerin said...

Wonderful picture of that great old barn.. nice job!!
Sorry I've been MIA so long.
I finally did a blog trying to 'splain' my long absence.
I am still kickin' and didn't drop off the earth, contrary to rumours... **heehee**.
So looking forward to catching up with you and seeing what you've been up to.

~~~Smiles :)
~K.

Aritha V. said...

I love to see your streetview. It's so nice.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds and looks a cooler walk today, but I always enjoy seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Debby Ray said...

I really like that quote at the end. I really try to do that everyday :)