Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 25, 2017

It is Saturday

🌻     🌻     🌻
This morning it was 55 when I started out walking at 6:30
and it was cloudy once it was light out.

Walked the Town Route.
It seemed very quiet this morning as I walked.
No school buses and didn't see the the usual people who give me a toot 
as they drive past on there way to work.
I guessed the kids were starting spring break and had no school.
Then it hit me.  IT IS SATURDAY.

The horses down by the Drane house have been in the barn lately
but today they were out and came over to say hi.
Saw a few rabbits chasing each other about and there
were lots of birds singing too.

Walked 6.4 miles
Found a dime
🌻     🌻     🌻
 Didn't see much of the sun today but it was nice and warm in the 50's.
We went up to Happy Trails for a few hours this afternoon.

Here's the latest picture of the road Ken is making by the side of the shed.
He still has quite a lot of rocks to add to the wall yet
and collected some more rocks for it today.
Ken has gone to church for supper tonight.
It's the men's Steak Out Night.
Grilling steaks and baking potatoes.

I did what I usually to when Ken isn't home for supper.
I made pancakes for my supper - chocolate chip ones.
I do enjoy my pancakes!!

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

 I thought this was so funny.

After  moving to the country, my three-year old daughter and I
were often home alone in our house.
Because we lived in a rural area with no close neighbors,
I wanted to make sure she would be able to call 911 
in the event that something happened to me.
After instructing her, I decided to test her:
"OK, what would you do if you found me on the floor
 and you couldn't wake me up?" 
I could see her little brain working.
To my surprise, she said,
"I would go into the kitchen and eat anything I want."

~ From Readers Digest

13 comments:

Adam said...

I think my wife would be jealous of steak night, she loves steak

Tom said...

...pancakes with maple syrup?

Pom Pom said...

Pancakes must be your comfort food🙂

Rose said...

Kids are just so honest and quick thinking! Loved that.

Re the house in my post needing a porch...I tend to agree with you. A porch is so important to me...

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Pancakes for supper sounds good to me. Anything that's easy.

doodles n daydreams said...

When my husband goes out in the evening I make myself ice cream, sometimes in a cone and sometimes in a dish with fruit :)

Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, cute photo of the geese and I love the flowers. Pancakes for dinner sounds good to me. Cute story. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Dianna said...

Hello Karen,
I somehow managed to miss Friday's post, so I am just going to comment on both posts here. I enjoyed the picture of the barn that you took...even if the silo is leaning a bit...okay...a lot. :) I love old barns.

What is it about geese that they seem so regal? I love to watch them...and hear them honk as they fly over.

We have a lot of Colt's foot out now on the bank across from our driveway. Love the pops of color that it provides.

Ken has really been working on that road up at Happy Trails. I am looking forward to seeing your wildflower garden this summer.

Have a wonderful Sunday, my friend.

Cat Lover said...

Beautiful photo of the geese Karen. Lovely that you have turned warm now after the winter you had.
Your new road up at HT is looking great!
I had pancakes for lunch the other day when Chuck was at work! :)
Have a good week.

The Furry Gnome said...

Smart little girl! Lovely Coltsfoot, it will be one of the first flowers here too, shortly I hope!

ellen b said...

Funny story! Good job gathering more rocks. Breakfast for dinner is something I enjoy. Those little yellow flowers are a bright delight!

Michelle said...

Steak Out Night sounds like a wonderful time of fellowship for the men. Pancakes sound good too! lol

Vee said...

That is a funny story!