Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 24, 2017

A spring day

Rain was forecast this morning so at 6:15 when I woke up I was not surprised
to see it pouring down rain and of course dark.  Just didn't feel like walking in the
rain so I waited until later in the morning to walk when the rain had stopped.

Glad I waited because when I walked at 9:00 the rain had stopped
and it was 44 degrees.
Didn't have my camera with me so these couple of pictures are taken 
with my phone.

Since it was later and the kids were already in school and I didn't
have to share the road (no sidewalk) with the school buses  
I walked the Farm Loop.
Nice to be walking the Farm Loop for a change, it's been a while.
During the summer it is the route I walk most days.

The silos on this barn looked like they are about to topple over.
Back to town I made a loop around town and then home.
Walked 6 miles.
🌻     🌸     🍃
In the afternoon the sun came out and though there was a bit of a breeze
it was near 70 degrees.
Went outside and did a bit of yard work.
Got my 8 square plots in the vegetable garden cleaned out.
Ken helped me move some logs around to expand our little back
yard meadow.  This year I plan on planting some wildflowers in it.

The day has been delightful (I like that word 😊) and
so nice to actually have a spring day.

A happy day to you.
happyone  🍦

 "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him
than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word,
'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
~ C.S. Lewis

9 comments:

Happy@Home said...

There is something extra delightful about those first springy days. So glad you were able to enjoy one today.

The Furry Gnome said...

That's the leaningest silo I've ever seen!

Christine said...

We enjoyed a delightful day too!
The wildflower swill also provide you much delight in your summer garden!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the view of your farm loop. That silo looks like the leaning tower of Piza. I am hoping for a warm sunny day today. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Tom said...

...looks like the leaning silo of pisa.

Cat Lover said...

Your farm loop walk is beautiful, I see why you like it so much.
Lucky you to be blessed with such beautiful weather! We are having snow flurries as I type this.
Take care!

Aritha V. said...

I hope to see the wildflowers later on a photo!

Vee said...

Awww...a delightful spring day...I am waiting for one! 🌷

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Spring is the best time of the year my opinion.