Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Wednesday

🏠     🏠     🏠
The temperature warmed up to 38 over night and the ice melted so this morning 
my walk was ice free and dry.
Temperature down some this morning at 32 when I walked and went up
just a bit during the day.
A cloudy walk but the sun came out later in the day.

Walked one of my town routes this morning and saw Kathy once again.
She saw 'The Dog' today but it was with it's owner getting out of the car. 

This picture I took from one cemetery and you can barely see other other one
off to the right which I'm on the way to.
(not across the field)
  The stream behind the ball park was just about dried up but
now there is water running in it again.
Walked 6.1 miles
👟     👟     👟
Ken and I headed out to Uniontown, Pa this morning.
It was sunny and 40 degrees there.

We went to Hobby Lobby, Dicks, Staples and Harbor Freight.
I got my mace, actually it is pepper spray, at Dicks. 
It comes in a small pink cylinder that can fit on a key chain.
Nice and small to fit in my pocket along with my phone.
Hope I'll never have to use it.

A picked up a few more things to add to the box I'm sending my mom
at the nursing home for Christmas.
I'm also going to bake her some cookies and add them to her box too.

Yup, I started another puzzle.
Another cute one and it has 500 pieces.

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

"When through one man a little more love and goodness,
a little more light and truth comes into the world,
then that man's life has had meaning."
~ Alfred Delp

14 comments:

Tom said...

What a sweet little building. My 6 year old Granddaughter loves puzzles and now works 100 piece ones.

Lowcarb team member said...

Puzzles can be so much fun ... and it's always good to have some in the house. Like Tom's grand-daughter our grand-children enjoy doing them too.

Nice to see the water running in that stream again!

Enjoy the rest of your day

All the best Jan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your mother will really enjoy opening that box! It's fun to get lots of neat things that you like and can use! Enjoy your week! Bundle up for those walks! Hugs!

ellen b said...

Ha! Your store choices sounds like ones we'd make, too. Lovely box of goodies for you mom. I think I should add some pepper spray to my list. Good for you for being prepared. Hope you never have to use it either.

Happy@Home said...

Glad to know that you are prepared in case you run into any more aggressive dogs.
You have assembled a nice and thoughtful assortment of gifts for your mom.
Another puzzle. You are roaring right through them. Can't wait to see this one.

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat little brick building in your picture.

Connie said...

I love seeing sons and daughters that take care of their parents. I retired from working as an activity director in an assisted living building. The value of life is like black and white between those residents that feel loved by their family and get regular visits and from those that do not. As always, I admire your stamina and walking each day . . . you are an inspiration.

mzzbev said...

Gee I hope and pray you don't have to use that pepper spray neither. My mother in law was quite the Walker just like you, I don't know if s ever carried pepper spray with but I always worried about her going on long walks by herself. Your mom is going to love the pkg you send her.

o2bhiking said...

Mace??? My goodness, I sure hope you never need that, too! But not a bad idea to have some, even in a quiet and rural area. I bought a can of "bear spray" this summer and I hope I never need to use it, too.

Christine said...

So nice to see the sights you see on your walks in all weathers!
The conditions are much the same here and I'm thankful to see the sun shining today, even if it si partly cloudy.

Lisa said...

My walking outside i guess is over until the days get longer. I work from 8-5 and its dark when I get up and dark when I get home. I pulled the treadmill out of storage yesterday. My walks will be boring as I face a wall. hahaha. Your mom is gonna love her box of goodies!!!
Lisa

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, I started to comment yesterday and got interrupted. Glad you had an ice free walk. No fun slipping and sliding!
I am sure your Mom will love everything you are sending her. Any extra cookies could be sent my way!
Have a good day.

Debby Ray said...

I am always in awe of how many miles you walk a day! How long does it take you to walk that and did you just gradually work your way up...I mean what distance did you start at?? You go girl!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really like the picture of the little stream.That looks like such a lovely place to walk.