Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Miniature Golf

✿     ✿     ✿     ✿

A chilly start to the morning today with a temperature of 48 degrees.  But it was mostly sunny with a few low clouds and it quickly warmed up to 60.  Walked around the cemeteries first because they were both in the sunshine and it was a nice and warm.

Walked all around town and down toward Happy Trails and turned around walked back to town, around the ball park and then home.

Saw two people out walking dogs.  I've been watching the work progress on a house in town each morning.  The house got new siding and a new entrance way with an arched door.

Walked 6 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
Still had some of those blueberries left so this morning I made blueberry muffins for breakfast.

Today was  Super Seniors day out at church and we went to FunLand to play miniature golf and have pizza for lunch.  Nice for us because we didn't have very far to go, only 6 miles down the road from our house.  Nine of us showed up and we enjoyed our game of golf and the pizza.  The weather was perfect, sunny and in the low 70's.
The miniature golf course is the prettiest one I've ever seen and has a water theme throughout and has lots of beautiful flowers every where you look.  I snapped a few pictures.

 
I read on Jan's Blog about growing celery.  I cut the bottom of a celery bunch off and placed it in a bowl with warm water.  Here you can see the leaves have started growing.
If your reading this Jan, should I plant this in soil now or wait until it gets bigger?
It's been a good day.  Think this evening after supper Ken and I will sit out on the front porch.  Seems like a nice way to spend a summer evening. : )

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone : )
Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
~ Unknown

12 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Wow, it was cool for you this morning! Lovely photos as always. Sounds like you all enjoyed the miniature golf. Beautiful course!
Take care.

Adam said...

Part of my childhood died when they tore down our Mr. Putt Putt. What took it's place? An atm... which is now going to be finally a real bank after like 15 years

Deb J. in Utah said...

I tried growing celery like that but nothing happened. I will have to give it another try when I get home. Miniature Golf can be lots of fun. Looks like your church has a really super Super Seniors group! Enjoy the coming weekend!

Aritha V. said...

I love the name: Miniature Golf. Here it is: Midgetgolf :-)
Your first photo is so beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Karen ... some lovely photo's again, I love to see your scenery.
The miniature golf looks great fun, I love places like that.

Many thanks for the link to the blog ...this is what I would do:
You need to leave the celery in the bowl in direct sunlight for as long as possible every day, then after 1 or 2 weeks you will see the leaves begin to thicken and new leaves begin to grow.
Once leaves thicken and new leaf growth can be seen, transplant your celery in soil and wait for it to grow ...

It really looks as if it's doing well

Take care

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Im gonna have to grow celery now. If anything its a pretty plant! Ive always wanted to do a pineapple like this.
Lisa

Sue said...

I love to play putt putt golf! I have always wanted to grow celery, I might try this this fall, thanks! As always your scenery is so beautiful, I haven't exercised by walking in a while, and keep reminding myself of how important it is.
Have a blessed and happy July 4th!
Blessings,
Sue

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the mini golf sounds like fun! Nice collection of photos. The flowers are pretty. Happy Friday! Happy 4th of July weekend!

Debby Ray said...

I love the scene in your header...it looks a lot like areas around here. Your temps have bee quite cool it sounds like....perfect for walking. I have seen the celery thing...isn't that cool? I will be interested to know how well it grows...keep us updated! Have a safe and fun weekend!

Happy@Home said...

That does look like a nice mini golf course. Your church group sound like a fun loving bunch. I haven't played mini golf in years. While in Florida recently we were all set to play and right when we got out of the car it started to pour. So much for that :).
Neat idea for the celery. Hope you'll keep us posted on it's progress.

Dede Gomes said...

Hello Karen. Lovely photos and I always love to see your scenery.
A happy July 4th. Hugs from Brazil!

o2bhiking said...

That sounds like a fun day out with friends, Happy-K. I enjoy a game of mini golf, even though I am not great at it. And pizza, what can you say?