Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Update

Pictures from two morning walks in NY.

We got back from NY yesterday evening after being there since Wednesday.  We got my  mom settled in the nursing home and she seems quite happy there most of the time.  

My Dad is still hanging in there but is getting weaker and weaker each day.  He doesn't eat any more so has lost of lot of weight. He is ready to leave this earth and get to his heavenly home and is a bit impatient to get there!!  The cancer is in his lung, liver and in the two adrenal glands.

It is such a sad time for us but it is so comforting for us that we know Dad will soon be in a better place at his home in heaven.  


I spent the afternoon out in the garden today.  I raked and got my vegetable garden ready for planting.  The rhubarb has done quite well and I picked a bunch of it.  Tomorrow I'll be making some rhubarb cobbler and I just might throw in some strawberries with it too.

Not back yet to regular blogging, just wanted to give you all an update.  I'll be back to blogging in a few days.

Thank you all so much for all the kind comments and emails, prayers, and good thoughts.   

A happy day to you.
happyone : )

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, thanks for the update! I feel so sorry for you Dad, I do not like seeing anyone in pain. I am glad your Mom has settled in, she must miss your Dad. Take care, sending my prayers for you and your family.

Aritha V. said...

I too, I feel so sorry for you that your Dad is so ill. Praying for you and your family. Thanks for the pictures. I had to think about Psalm 23 when I saw your first pic.

Happy@Home said...

Thank you for the update, Karen. You have been in my thoughts a lot lately. My heart goes out to you and your parents at this sad time. It is never easy to watch those we love suffer. I'm sure your parents were comforted by your visit. My prayers will continue.
Your rhubarb looks amazing. I'll bet that cobbler was scrumptious too.
Take care.

Retired Knitter said...

So sorry for this sad time. We all walk this path one way or another - unless we leave this earth early ourselves. You are in my thoughts.

Lisa said...

You are blessed knowing your dad will be going to heaven. Most do not have that peace and satisfaction. Thanks for the update. The pictures are beautiful.
Lisa

Cat Lover said...

Thanks for the update Karen. You are in my thoughts.

Nellie said...

You have been in my thoughts, Karen. Lovely pictures. It's so good you've been able to find some of God's beauty where you've been. I continue to offer prayers for you and your dad, as well as your mother as she adjusts to the nursing home. Hugs!

Snow said...

It's so good to read your blog again. Your rhubarb looks very healthy. You're a good "farmer"!

Grandma C said...

It's not easy saying good bye to parents. Remembering the good times gave me some peace, sending prayers and hugs your way.

The Furry Gnome said...

Thinking of you.

Christine said...

God bless & know that round about are His loving arms.
Praying for you all.

o2bhiking said...

Glad you are home safely. I've been saying a prayer each night for you and your family. I think it sounds like time for your dad's suffering to be over, and he will soon be at eternal peace.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I have enjoyed hearing about your trip to NY... I know it's sad to be there and see them suffer... God Bless them both --and you. BTW, your pictures from NY are GORGEOUS.

Hugs,
Betsy

Karen said...

Praying for everyone, for strength, comfort and peace. Sending a virtual hug to you, my friend.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

A very sad time for you and your family.
Wishing you well from across the miles x

Adam said...

My father passed away from lung cancer when I was seven. He went from good to bad quite quickly

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your father is a smart man to look forward to his future afterlife. Too many people cling to life here in fear when they need not. My father passed in 1994 and I miss him, but know he was ready to go too. Sending prayers up for you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for the update ... thinking of you and your family at this time.


I do like your two photo's, it looks so peaceful.
Rhubarb is a great fruit isn't it - hope you enjoyed your rhubarb cobbler

All the best Jan

Sunflower Days said...

Sending you my love and prayers....I know this is hard! God is good...he will heal your heart. Love you, Pam