Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 28, 2016

A day outside

Two more pictures from NY

✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
60 degrees this morning with sun and clouds, just like yesterday.  Walked right through town and down the road toward Happy Trails.  Nice walking along seeing all the wild daisies along the side of the road.
Quite a lot of cars going through town towing boats and a jet ski or two, and RV's.  All headed to the lake for the holiday weekend.

The cows still aren't out up at the pasture along Sale Barn Road and I've just about given up seeing them there the rest of the year.  Must have been moved to a pasture I can't see from the road.

Saw another family of geese.  These are by the little town pond.
 Continued my walk around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.  Saw one other woman running/walking a few different times.  Never saw her before and we didn't stop for a chat.  She just ran right past me, though I did say Good Morning and she replied back.
Some pretty irises along my walk too.
Walked 6.3 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
Had a nice time last night at the BBQ.  Not only was it a birthday surprise for Bettye ( she wasn't surprised because someone let it slip) but it was a surprise for me.  My birthday is Monday and they had a cake for both of us. : )  I got a balloon too and a gift certificate for the bowling alley.   If you're reading this Tricia, Thank You so much for the special evening. : )
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
A beautiful sunny day outside today and we spent the day outside.  I planted all the seeds for my garden in little plastic containers and will transplant them to the garden when they start to grow.  Shouldn't be any more frosty nights!!   I had planned on starting them long before now but with the traveling back and forth to NY I just didn't have the chance.

I also did more weeding and got Ken's two raised gardens cleaned up and ready for planting.  Planted a few sunflowers out front too.

Ken got some logs from Happy Trails and lined an area in the back yard by the bird feeders with logs.  That will be the little meadow part of the yard. 

The lilacs in my yard have started to bloom and it smells so good out in the back yard.
In the afternoon we went up to Happy Trails to get a couple more logs to bring back to the house.
Saw this birds nest with a couple of baby birds in it up under the eaves at the tractor barn.
Back home to do a little more work in the yard and then we sat on the porch.  It clouded up and we had a brief shower and then sun came back out.  I am so thankful that I have a front porch.  : )

A busy working day but a good one.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )

Peace is not the absence of affliction,
but the presence of God.
~ Unknown

10 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the Lilacs,they are a pretty flower and smell so good.

Adam said...

cute goose family

doodles n daydreams said...

Enjoyed your post, lucky you having a surprise cake and gift. By the time you read this it will probably be your birthday, so Happy Birthday to You :) Have a lovely day.

Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, gorgeous photos, the ducks, geese and goslings are adorable. Pretty daisies. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Memorial Day! Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Melanie said...

The lilacs certainly got my attention! My favorite flowers. Happy Birthday to you a day early. How nice to be included in the surprise party. Have a wonderful day.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely post to look at and read, a great selection of photo's, thank you.

Many Happy Birthday Wishes to you ...
Enjoy the weekend

All the best Jan

Pom Pom said...

You are busy! Finally flower time is coming! I hope you have fun on your birthday!

Snow said...

Love the quote with the definition of peace. So true. The irises and lilacs are beautiful. Love all your photos. So glad folks celebrated your birthday. I'm celebrating it too...I'm so glad you were born and we got to know each other!

o2bhiking said...

love the mallard and the lilacs!

Unknown said...

You are very welcome Happy One! It was lots of fun celebrating yours and Bettye's birthday! I thank God for you all my wonderful awesome friends! So glad we were able to surprise you even though I had left it slipped with Bettye and wasn't able to surprise her! LOL