Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 31, 2015

A beautiful sunny summer day

✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
A nice cool 58 degrees this morning and sunny when I went for my walk.  Went around the Farm Loop and a loop around town.

Haven't seen the chickens and roosters out by one of the farms where I used to see them all the time.  They used to roam around in the front yard.  I saw a couple of them today way in the back.  Zoomed in to take a picture of this white one strutting around.
No people out walking this morning.  A quiet beautiful Friday morning and a blessing to be out walking in it.

I walked 5.8 miles.
✿     ✿     ✿     ✿
Ken went off to meet Edd for breakfast and then on to the auction so he was gone when I got back home from walking.

Took my car out and went for a ride.  Went around the block - a big block - a 30 mile one.  Don't get to drive it all that much anymore so I enjoyed my ride. : )

Then it was time to get some house cleaning done and I did that for the rest of the morning.

After lunch I was ready to go outside and do some more weeding out in the yard.  Got the back garden over by the shed all neat and tidy.

I was happy to pick the first two cucumbers from my garden this afternoon.
I made a cucumber salad with them to go along with our grilled hamburgers for supper. 
It's been a beautiful sunny summer day.

Hope your day was sunny and bright.
happyone  : )
If you've never experienced the joy of accomplishing 
more than you can imagine,
plant a garden.
~ Robert Brault
Comment Replies:
John - That wasn't my town the other day when I took pictures walking by the library.  That was Oakland which is 20 miles away from where I live.  It's the big city compared to my town. : )
Fingerprints is a ministry in our church where we put together a book of the Bible, this time Romans, in another language which are then packed up and sent to missionaries in another countries where they are given away to people to read.  It's called fingerprints because there are many fingerprints on them from all the people putting them together. 

6 comments:

Vee said...

Those cucumbers look great especially in your salad...what do you add? Vinegar? Onion? It sure looks summer bountiful beautiful in your corner these days.

eileeninmd said...

You do have lovely views while out walking, I love the chicken too. The cucumbers look delicious! Have a happy Saturday and weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Just playing "blog catch-up" this morning...what beautiful weather you are having back there! I love cucumbers too - in fact I bought some yesterday and we enjoyed them in a salad and on chicken sandwiches last night. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Cat Lover said...

Love the photo of the chicken. Your cucumber salad looks delicious! Sounds like you had another nice day. Take care.

M.K. said...

I love the idea of that Fingerprints ministry -- what a good way for a church to reach outside of itself. They must be a blessing to those who receive them. Your cucumber salad looks yummy -- soon it will be cold, and those fresh salads will be missed.

o2bhiking said...

That's a proud looking rooster! The salad looks delicious and healthy!