Rain on the Pond
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿This morning it was 46 degrees with a light rain that came and went so I took along my umbrella and it went up and down quite a few times.
Started out walking straight through town down the main street. My house is just behind me.
Some pretty little wild flowers growing along the side of the road.
I walked 5 miles.
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿We've been home today getting some things done inside. A rainy day is good for that. : )
It seemed like a good day for soup so I made some Potato Soup. A new recipe I found on line and one I will add to my own collection of recipes. We had some homemade bread with it too.
Hearty Potato Soup
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- In a Dutch oven, cook the potatoes, carrots and celery in water until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid and setting vegetables aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in cooked vegetables. Add 1 cup or more of reserved cooking liquid until soup is desired consistency. Yield - about 2-1/2 quarts.
This evening will be our usual - ice cream, a little television, reading and knitting.
It been another good day.
Life is Good.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone : )
The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible.
~ Judith Regan
Karen - The crawfish was alive and just a little ways away from a small stream.