Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 24, 2015

A surprise in the mail

❀     ❀     ❀     ❀
A chilly morning out there today, only 30 degrees.  There was a bit of a breeze too but nothing like it has been the last couple of days and the sun was out and shining and it felt so good warming up my face. : )
I was out and walking at 6:40 and I walked the Farm Loop.
 Then walked around town.  This road runs parallel the to main road and the library is down the street on the right.
Once I got back to town, I stopped in at the post office and dropped off some mail.  I usually drop the mail off first but walked the other way this time and just put the mail in my pocket.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.  Nice, quiet and very peaceful around the FL.  All the cows at the dairy farm were inside the barn this morning.

I walked 5.2 miles.
❀     ❀     ❀     ❀
Today I had a surprise package arrive for me in the mail.  It was from Kim, a blogger friend of mine from Happy @Home. : )  You can imagine the surprise I had when I opened up the package and found this beautiful porcelain bird for my bird collection and a lovely card which I am going to put in a frame.  It came at just the right time when I needed a bit of cheering up.  Thank you so much Kim.  : )
Here is sits right at home on the shelf.
Painting the room is on my list of things to do.  I want to paint it a light blue.  The pink is a bit much.
❀     ❀     ❀     ❀
More yard work today.  Ken pulled out even more bushes from the front garden with the tractor and I mowed the lawn.  The wind kicked up again and though the sun was out it was quite chilly.  I mowed the lawn wearing three sweatshirts.  

I've started moving a few things around in the house again and haven't finished so the house is kind of a mess, especially my craft/office.  I've dumped everything in there that I don't know what to do with.  This is fun for me though and it will all come together.

Well, that's it for today.
Hope your day as been a happy one.
happyone : )
Treat everyone with politeness,
even those who are rude to you;
not because they are nice,
but because you are.
~ Unknown

Thanks again for your kind words, prayers and concern for my mom. 

10 comments:

Billy said...

What a wonderful gift! Love the pics of your walk, as always!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Congrats on the lovely gifts. Have a good weekend. Hope your Mom is doing ok and the break will heal quickly.

eileeninmd said...

What a lovely gift, the bird is pretty. Love the photos from your walk. Have a happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love the porcelain bird. It's beautiful. Your friend's timing was perfect! So happy for you! Mary Jo

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a nice surprise from a friend! I have met some of the nicest people through blogging! How is your mother doing? It has been another busy week and I haven't had much "blogging time" so I have missed updates. Hope you have a great weekend!

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, Thanks for your enthusiastic comment on the blueberry muffins ... Hope you will try them and let me know how they turn out. From your blog I can tell that you are great in the kitchen. That is a neat gift you got from another blogger. Looks like you had an excellent day for walking the farm loop. Have a fine weekend.

Happy@Home said...

The birdie looks right at home on your shelf. I have been trying to think of a way to surprise you for a long time. It makes me happy to know that you were indeed surprised :).

o2bhiking said...

What a nice surprise and lovely gift, but even more wonderful, such a kind gesture. Our poor world needs a lot more of those.

Vee said...

Oh Kim's been at it again! She's a sweetheart. Your bird looks very happy on the shelf with all his friends. Loved seeing those beautiful eggs! They're going to taste so nice and fresh. I feel as you do about shopping at Wal*Mart. Not as pleasant or as many choices as there once were. Course, that's true for many products. They're just not offered everywhere.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet bird collection! I love what a fresh coat of paint does for a room, and wish I could do more of it, but apparently, my painting days are over.