Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 24, 2014

A day at Happy Trails

 ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
I hit a new personal record of steps yesterday.  28,117 and I just might beat that today.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
It was 42 degrees this morning and cloudy and I'm happy to say it was dry.  Not even the threat of rain.  

Once again I walked round town, around the cemeteries and loop by the ball park.

A few people out, a man walking his dog, the lady with her ear phones and Lisa.  Lisa and I  almost always stop and talk.  She told me about a store called Gabriel's that I should try.  She said it's a great place to buy walking and running clothes with fantastic sales.

It sure was nice weather for walking this morning and I walked 6.4 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
Right after breakfast we headed up to Happy Trails and spent the whole day there.  I took a PB & J sandwich and an apple for my lunch.
We have huge piles of stuff to burn and we spent some time at the burn barrel.
Did some chipping.
And put the chips along the trail.  You can see we just have a little bit more to do.  Next time we go up this trail should be done.
We also hiked around the trails and roads a bit.  This road here is on the state owned land which runs along the back of HT.
It was a productive and fun day and I bet I sleep good tonight!!!

Hope you have had a happy day and smiled often.
happyone : )
 Listen once in a while.
It's amazing what you can hear.
~ Russell Baker

8 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

So nice to have a place to go like that! But how did you fit 28000 steps in one day? You must have kept walking most of the day! I got myself a fitbit recently, and have been trying to get my 10,000 steps a day. If I've been on a hike, or worked outside a lot, I've been over 15,000, but never much more. So I'm very impressed!

Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky you and Ken to have property that borders state-owned land! :) Congrats on breaking your steps record!

Lindy

Mary said...

Congratulations on setting your step record! You will sleep well for sure. :). Have a lovely weekend!

doodles n daydreams said...

Congrats on the steps, I've just got back from a walk, short today but I did it.
You'll be pleased when that path is finished, looking forward to seeing the pics of the end result.

Diana

o2bhiking said...

That is a lot of steps. Is the 13 Million cumulative for just this year? My goodness!

I am glad you enjoyed your time at Happy Trails. Have a great weekend. Art

Kerri Farley said...

Sounds like a Fabulous Day!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Sure enjoying your Fall photos! Your walks are inspirational ... keep up the good work. In your previous post, I love that picture of the steam engine! I wonder if there is some kind of tour there where folks can ride the train? I don't think you've seen my blog long enough to know that I am a train fan or, as my wife calls it, a train nut. Ha ha. I like to collect old memorabilia from the time when railroads were opening up the West. Sometimes I share that stuff on the blog. Anyway, have a great weekend and take care. John

Jeanne said...

It looks so peaceful at your Happy Trails, I can smell the burn and the fall air.
I was also delighted to see the picture of the old steam engine.