Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday

Picture of the Day
Looking up, walking at Happy Trails today
 ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤

It was 52 degrees this morning when I went for my walk.  After walking about three miles the sun made its way over the mountain and it was a nice sunny walk.

Went around the Farm Loop, one of the cemeteries, the ball park loop and around town.

I spotted two baby skunks walking across the road.  They must have been following mom but she was already across and in the bushes.  I gave them a wide berth and didn't try to get any pictures. 

No other walkers or runners.  A pretty quiet morning.
I walked 6.5 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
We spent the morning out and about doing some errands and then after lunch we went up to Happy Trails.  Ken harvested rock and I mostly walked around on the trails enjoying the countryside.
It was a delightful day with plenty of sunshine, a few clouds, and a light breeze every now and then.

Hope you had a bright and sunny day and smiled often.
happyone : )
Thanks everyone for the prayers and good wishes for Betty.  Haven't heard anything yet but will keep you posted on her condition.

When prayers go up, blessings come down.
~ Unknown
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. The skunks stayed away from me
  2.  God hears my prayers
  3. Walking around HT
Comment Replies:
Jeanne - no the snake isn't poisonous, it's a a harmless corn snake.

12 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love it when you all go to Happy Trails... I remember when you first bought that property... It's so neat how your live has changed since you did buy that land...I still love it when you go back to Happy Trails and just enjoy it up there... Such a wonderful place... Of course, your new home is wonderful also... I'm just so happy for you and Ken.

I don't ever want to tangle with a snake either... We smell them outside at nights sometimes --and man---can they STINK!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Vee said...

Your profile pic is the best ever! You look younger than you did seven years ago! Must be all that good living up there at Happy Trails and Happy Acre.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What lovely pictures from both today and yesterday's posts! I hope your friend Betty is doing OK. Glad to hear that Mr. Harvey is doing much better. I also like your new picture. The short haircut really does suit you well!

Happy@Home said...

Hasn't the sky been pretty lately? I've been noticing the clear blue dotted with big puffy clouds here too. Great picture from your walk.
I'd say you made a wise choice keeping your distance from the little skunks.
I missed your post about Betty, but do hope she is doing better.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Love that picture of the day! 52 degrees? It's getting pretty cool there. I love baby skunks :)

Nellie said...

Love that picture of the clouds in the sky! I'd make a wide circle around those skunks, too!

Kerri Farley said...

Oh that sky is AWESOME!!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky shot, the clouds are lovely! I would stay clear of the skunks too! Enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

A charming little farm... love it!!

Sounds like you had a nice day.

Smiles :)

K.

Anonymous said...


so glad the skunks didn't spray you! Mary Jo

Ida said...

Your posts are always so pleasant. Such lovely views from your walks. I would have given the skunks a wide berth too but sure wish you could have got a photo as babies are so cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad those skunks stayed away from you, too! :D

Lovely sky up at HT, and I like the view of the house and property below. Just looks so pleasant there.

Lindy