Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

A good day : )

31 degrees this morning, calm and sunny.  A beautiful morning.
I basically walked my connect the path route with just a few little changes.  A very quiet morning.  Just saw a couple of people on the sidewalks and no one at all along the paths.
The birds were all chirping, giving the morning a happy sound.  They always seem so happy and glad that another day has started.  I love to listen to them and it makes me happy too. 
Rolls of cable sit here by the sidewalk ready to be put in along the road .  The grass is all marked out in orange. Trucks of workers were just pulling up as I walked by.

The crossing guard was not in a very good mood this morning.  I said good morning and she just kind of looked at me so I didn't stop for a chat today.  When I next see her she will probably be happy and wanting to talk.  I hope the rest of her day turned out good!

I walked 6.5 miles.
Sunrise 6:31
Sunset 6:07
*********************
I bought some new sheets on sale the other day and today washed them, hung them on the line to dry and put them on the bed.  It is so nice to have a matching set.  I've been using up miss matched sheets for quite a while.  A sunny day with a breeze made it perfect for drying clothes.
New sheets blowing in the wind

 ********************
Looked through cookbooks, made up a meal plan (which I never follow) and wrote out a shopping list and off to the commissary I went.  There were a lot of cars driving around but hardly anyone in the store.  I breezed right through.  No waiting, no lines, and friendly checkers and baggers.
Along with all the groceries I bought a little duster.  I always just use a rag for dusting but thought this little duster might put a little fun into dusting.  I'll still use a rag at times but this little duster is good for a quick dust.  I went around dusting things when I got home.  It is great for dusting the base boards too.  Very quick and yes, it did make dusting just a bit fun! : )
I got all the ingredients to make Tacos for supper tonight.  I got the shells that are wider on the bottom called 'stand n stuff' to make it easier to put the yummy stuff inside.  Wish it was just a bit closer to supper time because I'm already hungry! 

I hope you are enjoying this Wednesday.
It's been a beautiful sunny day all day here in MD.
Happyone
As each day comes to us refreshed and anew,
so does my gratitude renew itself daily.
~ Terri Guillemets

4 comments:

Marti said...

Clothes dried outside always smell so good, better than any fabric softener. If work were more fun, I would get more done. Have a good evening.

Happy@Home said...

I'll bet you slept well last night on your new, line dried sheets. Nice color, by the way :).
I have a duster like yours which I find very useful in dusting shelves and knick knacks.
Hope you enjoyed your tacos. Sounds good!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely morning for a walk. Love the colour of your new sheets - its a great feeling to climb into a bed with lovely clean sheets. What a fun cleaning duster.

Cheryl said...

I've thought of buying that duster before. Using something a little fun helps with the chores :-)