Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Sunday morning walk

I walked to and around the little pond this morning.  I walk straight down the road I live on, make a right and the pond is down that road a ways.  Only saw a couple of people out walking and they were people I usually see walking around the lake.  They were on their way to the lake.  As I got to the pond I saw a heron at the waters edge, he flew up, around the lake and then left.  A couple of geese and ducks where there too. There were two fishermen there as well.  I've posted a picture of the misty pond on my photo blog if you care to take a look. A nice cool morning and I walked 6.8 miles.



Have a blessed Sunday and do something nice for someone.
Happyone :-)

5 comments:

  1. Yup, I'm going to make John his dinner. ;>

    Off to see your photoblog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What your little picture should say is " god loveth a cheerful live -r ," - one who loves life, not the organ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture today is so cute.

    My husband and I are going to see "Mary Poppins" (the play version) later today. I'll challenge myself to see what nice thing I can do for someone while we're out and about. At the very least I will smile and say hello to anybody I come into contact with. Unlike that grump you encountered yesterday :(. I think Vee had it right in saying that she had her cranky pants on backward.
    Have a pleasant Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good when no one swears at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture of bluebird sharing. I made butter pecan bread and shared yesterday. It was a new recipe I found and I'll try to post it soon.
    That's awful that she cursed at you! Maybe she had not had her morning cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )