Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 27, 2010

A late walk

It was rainy this morning when I got up and Ken and I had something to talk over before he left so I didn't walk until later this morning at 9:00.  It rained a bit yesterday, a lot last night and today the rain is off and on.  Good for me that during my walk it was one of those off times!! I was curious how many people I would see around the lake later in the morning.  There were a lot less people about.  I don't know if it was because of the rain though.  I saw one of the earlier walkers and we both commented that we were late today. 

I saw the white egret sitting on the bow of one of the boats for rent at the dock.  Looked like he was waiting for a ride.  There were quite a few ducks together on the water and once in a while one would chase the others and then they all started quacking.  One flew out of the water up on the grassy hill and then the others followed and they all started to eat.  It was almost has if they were arguing about where to go to eat. :-) 

I walked a bit slower this morning and stopped more than usual just to look at things.  Yesterday it was a bit cool and I thought today would be the same but it was quite muggy walking and I had to take my sweatshirt off. 
I snapped this picture to show that the trees are starting to slowly change color.
I got a late start today and I don't think I'm going to get much done today.  I might just as well have a do nothing day and read or something.  We have a golf lesson at 4:00 but not sure if it will be canceled because of the rain.  Will just have to wait and see.

A happy Monday to you.
Happyone :-)

4 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, your day sounds alittle bit like mine. I just couldn't get enthused about doing anything, but I did walk. See you tomorrow at Savage Mill for knitting.

Rathi said...

WOW.. that tree looks so beautiful Karen... in the following blog you will be able to see the nature works too.. it is amazing http://inreallife222.blogspot.com/2010/09/colours-of-fall.html

is it only me who feels that it looks like autumn just passed.. and it is back so soon?

Barb said...

The bench under the tree looks very inviting. Glad you're getting some moisture. Here in CO, we're very dry.

KathyA said...

I think with all this rain, the foliage color will be a little more dynamic than I expected.