Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It was raining

when I woke up this morning but by the time I was ready to walk it had stopped and by the time I got home from walking around the lake the sun was shining. The wind came along with the sun too. It was very windy all day!!

I baked some more chocolate chip cookies this morning. I'm heading up to PA tomorrow to spend a couple of days with my parents and baked the cookies for them. My dad, especially likes cookies. :-)

I got an email from the library saying the audio book I had on hold is ready for pick up. Its the next one in the cat series. So I stopped at the library to pick that up and to drop off books too. I'm going to try to listen to it on my drive to PA tomorrow. I can't seem to follow along with the story while I'm driving. I suppose its a good thing that I pay more attention to my driving than listening. I don't like to talk much when I drive either and prefer driving alone.

Since it was Wednesday, I went to my knit group again. Lots of people there and now that I've been going for a while there are lots of people I know to talk to and I met a few more tonight. :-) I went early again at 5:30 which is going to be the time that I go from now on. I can get a good seat and I like to have supper there first. I worked on the baby blanket tonight.

Stopped on the way home and got gas so I won't have to do that in the morning. I'll still walk in the morning, have breakfast and then leave.

I was thinking of skipping my snack tonight because its later than usual, but I'm hungry and I can hear a few of those cookies calling my name. :-)

No more knitting tonight, but I will read.

Hope your Wednesday had some happy times in it.
I'll be back Saturday.

Karen :-)
He enjoys much who
is thankful for little things.

10 comments:

  1. You're a busy lady, and you sound happy. No surprise there. You have a way of finding it. Have a great visit with the folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you good dry weather and safe travels. Liked the quote today.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. be safe, ms. karen! love your quote for the day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel safely. Nothing like a visit home to put everything in perspective. Enjoy enjoy....how I wish I could visit my parents again in this realm. I know I will eventually but on a different plane. I hope you have good driving weather also. Did you ever finish Ken Follet's huge book? My daughter is reading it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val - Yes, I did finish it and thought it was excellent. Plan to read the sequel too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe trip and a good visit in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe trip and a wonderful visit with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy a wonderful and safe journey to PA. I bet the colors will be lovely and that you will have a very good time with your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I could concentrate enough to listen to a book while I was driving, either. As it is, I tend to zone out in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to drive. I used to drive for a living. And I miss it. Listening to the radio is my thing. Have a safe trip. And enjoy your cookies. It is raining here . Been all night. Very chilly too. I hope it stops by tomorrow. my son is going to the football game. Ark. and Auburn. Go Hogs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )