Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 25, 2018

Yesterday and today

Busy day at church yesterday - it was Fingerprint day.
We left the house at 8:30 in the morning and didn't get back home
till 10:30 in the evening.
Just didn't feel like blogging when we got home.
Work hours were from 9:00 - 9:00 and people came and went
as they had time.
We just happened to stay the whole time.
Set up in the morning and put everything away before we left.
A long day but rewarding and fun too.
We got over 8,000 Romans books put together and ready to ship
out to Mexico.
Lunch and supper was provided.
Lunch was tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches which
Sandy and Brian provided for us.
Supper, Pastor called out for pizza.
I've eaten by share of pizza this week!!

I did manage to get a 3.5 mile walk in yesterday morning
before we left.
Some morning fog burned off quickly and it was a beautiful sunny day.
🦋     🦋     🦋
This morning it was 50 degrees and sunny when I left at 6:30
for my walk.
My usual walk all over town.
 Thought these purple flowers were pretty.
I think they are irises. 

More sections of sidewalk in town are getting replaced so had
to walk around a few barriers.
Nice to have new sidewalks.

Seemed to be a lot more cars driving through town.
Probably because it is the start of Memorial Day weekend and
they are headed to Deep Creek Lake just a few miles up the road.

Walked 6 miles
🦋     🦋     🦋
Ken and Edd met for their weekly Friday morning breakfast at Denny's.
On the way home he stopped at the Shop and Save and picked up
a supply of ice cream.
Missed it the last few days and looking forward to it later tonight.
 
 Did a load of laundry and hung it outside.
Nice sunny day for it.  The slight breeze dried it quickly.

Did some more weeding again in the front yard.
This time along walkway garden.

My next project is to tidy up the garden in the side yard.
We made a fence out of small tree trunks around our
vegetable garden.  They are starting to rot now so I'll be
getting rid of them and just tidy things up out there.
Making it look better for the house sale.
I took a before picture today and once I finish I'll post a
before and after picture.
The rhubarb and asparagus are growing now as they just come up every year
but I'm not going to plant anything this year.
   That's about it for today.

 Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  💕

 "Gossip needn't be false to be evil -
there's a lot of truth that shouldn't be passed around."
~ Frank A Clark

13 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure pack a lot into your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You can just about see a rainbow in that first photo. Excellent work. Well done.

God bless you.

Joyful said...

I love all your photos. Very beautiful indeed. You certainly had a long and fruitful day at the church.

Sandi said...

Fingerprint day?

Granny Marigold said...

I'm not sure what Fingerprint day is all about. Does it have anything to do with the 8000 Romans books you put together or is it that you put those together waiting for people to come get fingerprinted?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sandi said...

Good morning, happyone. I used one of your quotes on my blog today! :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful scenes and sky photos. I am sure Deep Creek lake will be very crowded this weekend. Enjoy your day, Happy Memorial Day weekend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like that last quote...so true! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Pom Pom said...

You guys are the best worker bees EVER!

Adam said...

I haven't ate at a Denny's in a long time

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow!
Having read about your busy day, I think I need a sit down! LOL!

Always nice to see your photographs.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

I love the beautiful purple in those irises.