Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 21, 2018

A day outside

🦆     🦆     🦆
52 degrees this morning and a mix of sun and clouds.
At one point it got pretty dark and I thought it would rain and did feel
a few rain drops.  Then the sun came back out and it was nice again.

Started walking on the streets behind my house and then
down through town and just my usual walk around town.

Star and a pony watch as I walk down toward them.
This is as far as I got.  Tall wet grass kept me from walking up to them.
 Found a penny.
Walked my usual 6 miles.
🦆     🦆     🦆
Many of you expressed concern over my wasp sting the other day.
Since I had my sock on when I stepped on it, it really didn't hurt.
Just at first like stepping on a pointy stone.
 I'm fine but thanks for caring.
🦆     🦆     🦆
Spent the day outside.  
The lawn got mowed.
Weeded side garden.
Moved some primrose over to another area.
We emptied out the dirt from two raised garden beds.
Then Ken and I put them in the trailer along with my backyard swing
and we took them up to Happy Trails.  Garden beds got dropped
off behind the tractor barn and we brought the swing over by the new house.
Will put up somewhere in the back yard, not sure where yet.
 Back at the house Ken did went around the edges of things
with the weed wacker.  

I hosed down a bunch of milk crates that were in the back shed.
Going to pack up some stuff in them.  Good for loading them up with
house stuff for the move and I like that they have handles on them.
They are half sized ones so you can't put a lot in them to make it heavy.
Easy to unpack them too and then just bring them back to the house
and load them up again.  

The day zoomed by and then it was time to get cleaned up
and go to Brenda's for supper. 
It's been a busy day.
We'll sure sleep good tonight.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  🎈

"Despite the gardener's best intentions,
nature will improvise."
~ Michael P Garofalo

12 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It's a great feeling to come to the end of a productive day that went well ( and not to have to make supper).

Tom said...

...a day outside beats several inside.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Spent a lot of time outside as well. It does help to induce a good sleep. Hope your week goes well.

Joyful said...

It sounds like you had a full day. I'm sorry to hear about your wasp sting. Somehow I missed that! I'm glad it wasn't so bad. Have a lovely week ahead. xx

Sandi said...

"Found a penny.
Walked my usual 6 miles"


I thought this said "found a pony." Hahha!

Glad to hear your wasp sting was not so bad.

"Count your blessings."

I will be doing that today. :)

Dianna said...

It does sound like a busy day...but isn't it wonderful to be able to get so much accomplished? I love those kinds of days.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the photo of Star and the pony. The days just fly by too quickly.
Enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Lisa said...

Sounds like an eventful day and you got a lot of things done.
I love the old milk crates. I needed to move one yesterday from my patio and it had a bee nesting in it. Its still sitting there. Haha.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You keep finding a lot of pennies in your walks. I sometimes find pieces of chocolates on my pillow in hotels. When I hand it in at reception they look at me as if I am stupid.

God bless.

Michelle said...

I walked for an hour this morning. My views are not as interesting as yours! lol Your milk crate plan sounds likes the perfect thing for moving.

Lowcarb team member said...

... lovely horses.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

You certainly were busy and you accomplished a lot. I'm always amazed at your energy. Glad your wasp bite isn't bad.