Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The rumor is true

Cloudy when I started out walking this morning at 6:30
and 47 degrees and still.  Looked like rain so I wore my rain pants and slicker.
A very light drizzle started about 2 miles into my walk.
 Nothing much though and it was no big deal.

Started my walk on the streets behind my house.
Then walked through town and back, around the ball park loop a couple
of times and both cemeteries, through town again and home.

A couple of fishermen at the pond, people coming and going
out of the Rolling Pin Bakery with their boxes of donuts,
and all the school buses driving about.
Just a typical early morning in town.
Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿšถ     ๐Ÿšถ     ๐Ÿšถ
Quite a while ago I mentioned that a rumor around town was
that we were going to get a pizza place in town.
Months went by and I figured it was just a rumor.
Then the other day I saw this sign go up.

I peeked in the windows and work is still being done inside so it's not
quite ready to open up yet but I sure do look forward to when it does.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

We went out this morning to do a few errands and went to Walmart
to do some shopping.

Had lunch at home and then Ken went back up to the new house
to do some more work.
The wood floor is now done.
The two bedrooms will have carpeting in them.
I think tomorrow more painting is getting done.

In the last two days all the dandelions have popped up in the lawn.
I'm one of those people who like dandelions in the lawn.
 Nice to see a green lawn filled with yellow poke-a-dots.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone ๐Ÿ’•

"He who trims himself to suit everyone
will soon whittle himself away."
~ Raymond Hull

18 comments:

Sandi said...

Pizza rumors! Those are the good kind. :)

Adam said...

I hope it's good

Tom said...

...every town needs a pizza place!

Vee said...

Snazzy title that! Drew me in right away. How many pizza places does your town have? Mine has two directly across the street from each other. Sometimes I feel like one and sometimes I feel like the other. ๐Ÿ•

Ruth Hiebert said...

Finally,someone who like dandelions on their lawn.I like them and so do the birds.

Dianna said...

YAY! The rumor is true! I hope you will be able to enjoy going there for pizza when it opens up.

And I love your quote for today! Thanks for sharing that.

Lisa said...

Cant get no better than bakerys and pizza parlors! Lucky you.
Lisa

Joyful said...

It's a good thing you like dandelions on the lawn because I think they are hard to keep out if you don't want them. Glad ou are getting a pizza parlour in town.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What is your favourite pizza?
Have you tried Quatro Staggione or Calzone?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love pizza. I hope this homemade pizza is good. But, you make your own pizza which is probably just as good if not better. I heard the dandelions are good for the bees, we have to keep the bees happy. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

ellen b. said...

I like the name of that bakery! Yippee for a new pizza place.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great news about the pizza place ...

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

I like dandelions, too. A new pizza place sounds great, to me!

Happy@Home said...

How exciting to be getting a pizza place right in your town. I look forward to hearing how you like the menu.

Aritha V. said...

I love paardebloemen (dandelions). Super. Oh and Nona Pizza is a cute name, like it.

happyone said...

This will be the first one in town, but there are lots of them in the area!!

happyone said...

I like just a plan cheese pizza. Sometimes we get red peppers and garlic on it which I like too.
Have eaten Calzone many times and like it but have never heard of Quartro Staggione and had to look it up. I'm sure I'd like that too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Inger said...

Looks like a nice pizza place. About my floors, they are Pergo laminate floors. With the dogs that would be best, I felt. Your wood floors will be wonderful, your new house is really coming along.