Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Baby Blanket Pattern

 Left the house at 6:35 and it was 43 degrees and cloudy but looking
like rain so I wore my rain paints and yellow slicker.
It only rained for about 5 minutes during my walk.

Walked through town, up Barn Sale Rd, and down towards
Happy Trials, back through town, around the ball park loop
and one of the cemeteries.

When I got home I realized that I didn't take any pictures.
Guess nothing caught my eye.
When I got home the temperature had dropped to 40.
Walked 6 miles
🌼     🌼
Temperature dropped to the 30's and we had snow showers on and off 
all day long.  Thankfully it didn't amount to anything.

This it the picture I finished coloring at the library yesterday.
Picked up a couple books while at the library too.
Strawberry Shortcake Murder (book 2) by Joanne Fluke
and La Rose by Louise Erdrich which is next months book club selection.

This morning I left for church at 9:00 to meet with the other women for making 
Baby Blankets.  We now start earlier than we used to
and someone brings breakfast and another gives a devotional
before we start making the blankets.
Today there were 10 of us there.
 I worked on a blue knitted one this time.
Here's what I have done so far.  Hopefully by next month when 
we meet again, I'll have it finished.
 It is a very easy pattern.

I used size 8 knitting needles.
Yarn - Lions Brand pound of love
Color bluebell

Cast on  110 stitches
Row 1 - 10 Knit

Pattern
Row 1 - Knit
Row 2 - Knit 8, Purl till last 8 and knit
Row 3 - Knit
Row 4 - Knit 8,  P1.  *Knit 1, purl 2*.  Repeat till last 8 and Knit

Repeat pattern till 28 1/2 inches or till desired length.
Knit 10 rows
Bind off

That's it for today.
Thanks for the prayers, good wishes and kind words about
my slip on the ice.
Nothing sore today and I am perfectly fine.
My bruise is turning colors but it doesn't hurt at all.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone 💕

"If someone were to pay you 10 cents for every kind word
you said about people
and collect 5 cents for every unkind word,
would you be rich or poor?"
~ Author unknown, quoted by Jacob M Braude

12 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your colouring, you've used some lovely colours.

Pleased to read that after your fall you are healing and not sore at all.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...snow showers on and off here today, right about now I'd love to see the sky the color of the baby blanket.

Sandi said...

Beautiful coloring!

Dianna said...

The baby blanket is so pretty. I love the shade of blue.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, The baby blanket is very sweet! Did you know ... Almost every week for the last 4 years I have gone in to the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) at one of our big hospitals to help nurses and parents by holding babies for a few minutes to give them a break. I see all kinds of blankets and it is so wonderful that kind people donate them to the hospital. Thank you for sharing and your kindness! I hope you are having a great week! John

Joyful said...

I like your baby blanket. Perhaps one day when thing settle down more I would try making it. I am not the best knitter but I try, lol. It sounds likes it is still quite cold where you are. Yesterday I think we might have turned the corner where I live. We've had two nice and sunny days in a row though still wawiting for the warmer temps.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the color of that blue blanket.

Lisa said...

I wish I knew how to Knit. Just never could get the hang of it.
Lisa

Adam said...

I'd be poor because I rarely ever praise people in public anyway, it all stays mostly up in the noggin. But I will complain and vent.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the blanket is a pretty color. I think I have read all of Flukes murder series with Hannah. The recipes in the book always sound yummy. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself seriously. I revisited the site of my fall (I tripped on a sidewalk that had buckled a couple of years ago) this week. I should have KICKED that old sidewalk while I was there! lol Take care of yourself sweet lady! Hugs!

Melanie said...

I have yet to get a library card here since I moved. I keep meaning to do it. The blanket is such a pretty blue. Sounds pretty easy too. I might try it as I have lots of spare yarn. Have a blessed day.