Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Snow and sun

Left the house at 7:45 this morning.
24 degrees and a little windy.  No snow for the first 45 minutes 
but then it started again.
 Good news though, during the afternoon the snow stopped and we
saw some blue skies and sun.
Walked up and down all the streets in town.  Again I couldn't
walk around the cemeteries because the snow was too deep.
No one else out walking again.
Walked 5.6 miles
πŸ€     πŸ€
With all this snow Ken hasn't been able to get anymore work done
on the stone wall along the driveway so he has been spending
more time reading.  So we stopped at the library again and got
some more books.
I picked a book off the shelf by Joanne Fluke called Carrot Cake Murder. 
 It's the 10th book in the
 Hannah Swensen Mystery with Recipes series.
Never heard of these books before but I am 
enjoying it so far. 
The first book wasn't on the shelf 
but I thought if I liked this book I'd go back and read the whole series.
After every chapter there is a recipe.  They sound pretty good
and I plan on trying some of them.
Any one else ever read any of these books?

We drove out to Whispering Pines in Spring, Pa to have a look around.
 I always enjoy looking around there.
We spotted this computer desk there and are thinking it might
be nice in the office in the new house.
The keyboard pull out when closed looks like a drawer.
I looked up my blog post from a year ago today (March 15)
thinking maybe I'd see some spring weather.
Not so, we had snow then too.
In fact I was out making snow angels.

That's it for today.
Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone πŸ’•

18 comments:

Christine said...

That is a very well made office/computer desk!

Vee said...

You’re in a snowy pattern. Hope it ends soon...winter’s last hurrah.

That’s a very nice looking desk.

Boggles, one of my favorite cookies, is a Hannah Swensen recipe. Hope you like your book!

Tom said...

...that desk looks like a dandy, I need something better!

Pom Pom said...

I hope the snow goes away soon, Karen. We've only used the snow blower once or twice (well, Bill has! LOL!) It hasn't been as cold and blustery in Denver. Take care and don't fall.

ellen b said...

Our blogs are a good source for seeing what things were like in seasons past. Looks like an efficient desk space.

Michelle said...

Spring is a crazy time for weather. I like the computer desk. I have a similar one in a roll top version.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Don't we always think last year's weather was better? I looked it up too and we were having the same weather then as now...expecting a possible freeze. You do seem to have more than the average snow though. Hope it isn't keeping the new house from getting finished.

Ruth Hiebert said...

My goodness! You folks are really getting a lot of snow.The computer desk looks lovely.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That is a really wonderful desk. Real smart.

God bless.

happyone said...

I'll be looking for that recipe as I read the books. : )

Sandi said...

"Carrot Cake Murder. It's the 10th book in the Hannah Swensen Mystery with Recipes series...After every chapter there is a recipe. They sound pretty goodand I plan on trying some of them."


Hahhaha!

I have not heard of these books, but is it a good idea to make a carrot cake used in a murder?

:-)

Joyce F said...

I've read most of the Hannah Swenson mysteries. As is usually the case they are best read in order. Have you read Mary Dahiem's Alpine Series beginning with The Alpine Advocate and ending with The Alpine Zen. She has a Bed and Breakfast series that is good too, beginning with, I believe, Just Desserts.

Joyce F said...

Meant to add: If you like mysteries, check out the stopyourekillingme.com site. Hundreds (thousands?) of authors and can search for books in numerous ways and find the order of the series, etc. Check it out and spend some time exploring the site!

Aritha V. said...

BRRRR, so cold. Here it is raining Γ nd we are waiting for snow :-)

happyone said...

Haven't read the books you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions. Will check them all out. : )

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have read most of Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson's books. They are fun mysteries, love the characters and recipes are great. We had a snow shower nothing sticking though. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Adam said...

I really wish desks were more lightweight and easy to move. There are many I had my eye on, but I didn't want to put in the effort to lug them around

Lowcarb team member said...

That computer desk looks good.

All the best Jan