Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 19, 2018

A day of sushine

A nice calm morning for walking and the temperature was 26.
First walked over to the laundromat to hang up a couple of flyers 
on the bulletin board for church events coming up.
Then walked through town and up Barn Sale Rd a ways.
The cows were all lying down in the hay, 
guess they were having a bit of a lie in this morning. 
 Walked down towards Happy Trails and then turned around and walked
back to town and up the hill to the cemetery.
The sun was just coming over the mountain when I got there.
 The other cemetery and the ball park loop still has snow on the
path and since I was just wearing my regular walking shoes didn't walk there.

Saw a half dozen Red Winged Blackbirds and three Killdeers.
No other people walking about.
Sure enjoyed walking in the sunshine.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Walked 6 miles
๐ŸŒท     ๐ŸŒท
Took advantage of a sunny day and washed the sheets and hung
them outside on the line.
Temperatures went up in the 50's this afternoon.

 Ken left after breakfast to get some work done on the driveway
up at the new house while I got to work here at the house.

Finished reading Carrot Cake Murder and have copied
a couple more recipes from the book.
When I try them I'll add them to my recipe blog if they come out good.
Red Velvet Cookies, Black Forest Brownies, and Salmon Cakes.

David joined us for half price pizza at Brenda's for supper.
Home now for a nice evening at home.
Hope the weather report is wrong but a day of ice and snow
is predicted for the next two days.
 
Count your blessings.
 Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them.
~ Unknown

14 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I BET you love that sunshine! It's so welcome after so much snow!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your last photograph looking up through the trees to the sky - so nice to enjoy some sunshine.

All the best Jan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That seems awfully cold but I know the sun can really make a difference! Take care and enjoy your evening!

Tom said...

...sunshine here too!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sunshine adds so much to any day.It's been a cloud covered sky all day today.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, You won't be surprised that I think the photo of the tree looking up into the sky is just wonderful. Your photography is great and we are lucky that you share it with us. I also love the way you tell us what's going on in your life. Now that I have been blogging for eight years I am finding that the blog is a great journal and let's me go back and enjoy some of the sights I enjoyed in the past. Your blog is much the same, in that respect, and I wonder if you go back and look at previous posts often? Thanks, as always, for sharing and for your kind comments on my blog. Wishing you and Ken and fine week ahead! John

Clipping Solutions said...

Very nice photos.I really like these.Thanks

clipping path service provider

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Glad to see the snow is almost gone.

Great photos.

God bless.

Dianna said...

It was a beautiful day, wasn't it? I needed to be out and about and the weather was perfect for that! I have a feeling that we'll get at least some snow out of this forecasted storm. We've been having sleet here at the house today (Tuesday). Tomorrow will be a good day to stay in and do some baking! :-)

Lisa said...

I need a good recipe for salmon patties ( or salmon cakes).
Lisa

happyone said...

Thanks for the kind words John. I do go back and read old post, but not very often.

Christine said...

Happy first of Spring but it sure is slow arriving with more snow & icy weather for you!

Adam said...

We've had two rainy days as of late, bleh

ellen b said...

Sounds like a great day! We had sunshine, too. We spent several hours in the yard and I clocked over 20,000 steps. Happy Spring to you!