Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 19, 2018

Walking the Farm Loop

Went for my usual 6 mile morning walk today.
The temperature was 39, no wind, but a little mist in the air once in a while,
but mostly it was just cloudy.

It's been quite a while since I walked the Farm Loop Route and it was
so nice to be walking there again.
It's been too dark for me to walk there and I don't like to walk on the
road the school is on because of no sidewalks and all the buses.
Today there is no school and the mornings are lighter.

I walked down the main road for about a mile and then turned off here
to walk up by the farms.
Passing by Farmer Bill's place Grace and Faith look up from eating breakfast
to watch as I walk by.
Just past Farmer Bill's place I turned left and walked down this way
 and up the hill passed the Dairy Farm on the left.
There is a little pond by the farm and there were some mallard ducks
and geese but they all flew away when I walked passed.
 At the end of the road I turned right, passed the school, and walked back to town.
Walked around town and then down the main road a little ways
before turning around and going back home.
This is my walking route today.
My walking route today.
More detail around town.

💙     💙
Ken went up to the new house site to work on the rock wall by the driveway.
I stayed home to get some housework done.
He came home to eat lunch and then went back to his wall making.

I finished up my housework for the day. 
Still have to dust a couple of rooms but by 1:30 I felt I had
done enough cleaning for one day.
Then got the urge to make some chocolate chip cookies and that is what I did.
I was good and only ate one cookie, though did eat some cookie dough.

Since it is Monday I think it would be a good idea to go to
Brenda's for half price pizza.

Ken's not home yet and its too early for supper so
I'll read some blogs and then some of my latest book
while waiting for suppertime.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

11 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The mention of chocolate chip cookies makes me want one.

Vee said...

Hope you got some pizza! I see there was a bit of snow since last I visited. Ken’s wall sounds intriguing. I look forward to the day it can be shared.

Sandi said...

Life is good! :)

This was a delightful walk. Glad I got to "go" on it with you.

Tom said...

...I'd love to travel that first road.

happyone said...

Yes, we did. 😊

Dianna said...

Glad you had opportunity to walk the farm route today. It was a nice day to be outside, but I stayed in like a good girl and did some cleaning. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 75 so I definitely will be wanting to spend some time outside then!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My husband always wants to eat ALL the cookie dough! heehee! The snow sure looks pretty...glad you had a nice walk! Any pizza left? Hugs!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I'm sure you're tired of the snow, but we are sure hoping to get some soon.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A shop in town was selling half-price pizza. But he only gave you half a pizza.

I bought a whole pizza. He asked me, "Do you want it cut into six or eight pieces?"

I replied, "Only six. I am not that hungry to eat eight pieces!"

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenes from your walk. I love the horses. The pizza sounds yummy! Have a happy day!

Christine said...

A great route & nice friendly faces of Grace & Faith!