Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 16, 2018

Rainy Day

The ice has all melted on the town pond and after so much
rain it is VERY full.
๐ŸŒ‚     ๐ŸŒ‚
This morning had my usual 6 mile walk around town and
made a few loops around the cemeteries and the ball park loop.
 It was 49 degrees and it rained the whole time I was walking. 
 I don't mind walking in the rain.

 Didn't take my umbrella because I wore my rain pants and yellow slicker
with the hood.   
It was nice hearing the rain on my hood.
Near the end of my walk though I didn't enjoy it as much because
somehow rain had dripped down my slicker and my shirt got wet.

Lots of worms all over the place.
The little stream behind the ball park loop has come up over its banks.
A while ago I lost my pepper spray.  Thought it was in some pocket and
looked through all my walking clothes and just couldn't find it.
Today while I was walking I was so surprised to see it in the grass on the side of
the road between the library and the car dealer.
It must have dropped out of my pocket and got covered in the snow.
I checked it out and it still works fine. 

As you can expect on this rainy day I didn't see any one else out walking.
๐ŸŒ‚     ๐ŸŒ‚
Got the usual house chores done and then finished another puzzle.
This is the last one for the season.  
I've put them away and will take them out again next year.
The temperature dropped during the day and by mid
afternoon it was snowing like crazy.
We just got a dusting though and I think that will be all we get,
at least for now.

Life is Good
Count your blessing and have a happy day.
happyone ๐Ÿ’•

9 comments:

Adam said...

cute puzzle

ellen b said...

Wow...that's something about finding your pepper spray. That's a lot of water. Have a good weekend.

Dianna said...

It is amazing how you were able to find your pepper spray! One would almost think that God had it saved for you...it was just a matter of waiting for the snow to melt. Flooding is going to be a problem if the rain doesn't stop soon. I believe we are to get more snow over the weekend.

Tom said...

...the beginning of mud season.

Ruta M. said...

The pond looks a bit full. That was good luck finding your pepper spray and that it still works.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, that is amazing you found the pepper spray. I like the hot air balloons puzzle. Enjoy your day and weekend.

piccolina said...

You're an inspiration. Thank you!:)

Anonymous said...

Nothing like walking in the rain to make one relax,๐Ÿ˜€

Michelle said...

Your walks are inspirational. Not much stops you!