Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Fingerprint Day

Left over picture from my walk on Monday.
Old sunflowers at Farmer Bill's place.
Didn't see a pretty sunrise this morning on my walk.
It was a cloudy morning with a bit of a mist at first but then it
stopped so I didn't get wet.
Did have some rain on and off today though.
It was 42 degrees with a bit of a wind.

An uneventful walk around town, the cemeteries, and the ball park loop
but still a good walk. 
Thanks for the get well wishes and prayers for Ken.
Still sick but his fever is gone and he is feeling on the mend.

I went to church for a day of Fingerprints on my own today.
We all missed Ken because he is the cutter. 
A couple others can work the cutter and do once in a while 
but they all couldn't make it either.

Left a little after 9:00 this morning and finished up at 3:00 and left for home.
There were just 10 of us working today.
Lots of sickness going around.

Before getting home I made a stop at the Shop and Save to pick up
a few things.  One of those things being ice cream.
It was on sale again.

That's been my day.
I'm off now to get supper made.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cabin photo, Who's cabin was it?

M.K. said...

Glad Ken is healing. It's been such a bad winter for illness. I had strawberry ice cream , until we finished it off.

happyone said...

It is the Drane House and you clink on the link Drane House after the posts you can read about it.

Tom said...

...Ken, I hope that you are on the mend soon.

Vee said...

So glad to read that Ken is recovering and that his fever is gone. Keeping you both in prayer. You are so right...so much sickness around. Praying for an end to it sooner rather than later.

Adam said...

I always wondered how sunflowers "died" and how they looked

Lisa said...

Glad to hear Ken is feeling better. There is a lot of sickness going on. I actually skipped church Sunday after hearing a lot people had the flu. There is aways a lot of hand shaking and hugging at my church and I wanted to avoid it.
Lisa

happyone said...

Our church is like that too. I have some hand sanitizer and use that after the 'hand shaking' time.

Christine said...

Just love that photo of the log cabin!

CountryMum said...

I really like the simplicity of the old sunflowers photo. Nicely done!
Pleased to read that Ken is on the mend.