Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Chirpping birds

Another beautiful morning.
55 degrees this morning, windy but sunny.
Another great walking day though I think most mornings are good for walking. 😊

Walked around the ball park loop first today and then both of the cemeteries. 
Then it was just walking around town till I got my 6 miles in.

The little town pond that had the 2 geese from yesterday have been
joined by 12 others this morning.  

My horse friend Star came over to say hi to me again.

 This morning was the first time I've heard the birds chirping early in the morning.
That's enough to make anyone smile. 😊
Spotted this cardinal on top of a tree calling his distinctive call.
Zoomed in and got a pretty good picture.
Didn't realize there was another bird there as well till I downloaded it.
I am thankful to be able to take a morning walk.
💙     💙
Got the sheets washed this morning and outside on the line to dry.
Nice sleeping tonight on nice smelling sheets.
Then got supper started in the slow cooker.
Went outside and spent some time in the garden.
Sat on the porch and read.

Mid afternoon it clouded up and we had rain showers,
but between the showers the sun came out.
Ken is not feeling so good today, sure hope he is just getting a cold
and not the flu like I had.
Looks like I'll be going to church alone this evening.
Off I go now to eat supper.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

14 comments:

Tom said...

...they are welcoming spring.

Sandi said...

"My horse friend"

:)

ellen b said...

Enjoyed Star and the birds you captured, too! Hope Ken doesn't get full on sick!

Adam said...

cool cardinal

Ruth Hiebert said...

The weather, the chirping birds and all sounds wonderful.

Vee said...

The sunrise yesterday and the cardinal today are two gorgeous photos! Hope that Ken is feeling better soon. Saying a prayer for good health.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - beautiful pictures today. Hope Ken is feeling better soon. :-)

Dianna said...

It is a happy thing to hear the birds chirping early in the morning. I've noticed them, too. I had a cousin who used to always say if you feed the birds in the winter they will sing to you in the spring and summer. :)

Hope Ken is doing better. I'm sorry to hear he isn't feeling well.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I hope Ken feels better soon. I love your beautiful sky shot. The horse Star is a beauty! Cute capture of the birds. I wish you Have a happy Thursday!

Henny Penny said...

The picture of the birds is so pretty. I've been noticing the birds singing more lately too. We may reach 80 degrees today?? Sure hope Ken feel better soon.

Melanie said...

I enjoyed getting together with you again for a walk. I think that red cardinals are just beautiful and what a lovely shot! The sunrise was gorgeous too!

Christine said...

A fantastic morning sky and what precious friends to visit with on your walk!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It was so cold this morning the birds' teeth were chattering. If the top bird in your photo is a cardinal; is the one below it a bishop?

God bless.

Kerri Farley said...

I hope Ken is on the mend!! The bird below the Cardinal is a Carolina Wren :)