Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

What a beautiful view that house up on the hill must have.
It is for sale.
Zooming in
This morning it was 24 degrees and sunny once the sun rose.
Walked my usual walk all over the place around town and down toward
HT a ways.
As you would expect early morning on Thanksgiving no one was out 
and I only saw a few cars the whole time I was out.
 It sure was nice being out having the whole place to myself.

Walked 6 miles
🍗     🍗
No turkey for us today.  I made The Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast.
It was the first time I'd ever made it.
We had mashed potatoes with it and for dessert I made a chocolate cream pie.
Certainly not a traditional Thanksgiving dinner but a good one
all the same.

I am so thankful for all my many blessings.

My Thanksgiving Prayer
 Our Dear Heavenly Father
Today is Thanksgiving 
And we thank you for all you have given us.
We thank you for family and friends
and remember the lonely. 
We thank you for our health
and remember the sick.
We thank you for our food
and remember the hungry.
And as we remember,
May our hearts be stirred 
to help anyone we can
in our small way.
Thank You God for all our many blessings.
Amen

I Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Being thankful is good for everyone concerned.
It promotes goodness, kindness, contentment, joy, selflessness,
and helps to remind us to enjoy what we already have.

 Happy Thanksgiving
Thanks to you all for being my blogger friends
happyone 😊

Comment Replies:  Just a reminder that I'm answering questions now in the reply in comments.

13 comments:

Christine said...

What a fantastic house on the hill!
Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving meal!
Every blessing!

Tom said...

...I hope that your Thanksgiving was great.

Henny Penny said...

That is a beautiful Thanksgiving prayer. Your meal sounds good. I made the same old stuff we have every year! It was good though.

The Furry Gnome said...

So much to be thankful for! Thanks for all your visits to my blog and your kind comments.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, that looks like a beautiful house and view. Your dinner sounds delicious and that pie, yum! Lovely Thanksgiving prayer. Have a happy day and weekend!

Adam said...

I hope you had a good holiday

Pom Pom said...

I'm thankful for you, Karen!

ellen b said...

A nice prayer and good verses to read. Happy day after!

Vee said...

I LOVE PW’s pot roast! And, of course, I never make it these days. Sounds like a perfect alternative for Thanksgiving dinner.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Loved the house on the hill.
Your Thanksgiiving meal sounded wonderful.
Have a lovely weekend :)

CountryMum said...

I find your walks very interesting. You always find something new to photograph.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your photographs.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving ...

All the best Jan