Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Chalk Drawings

Saw some blue sky for a little while on my walk.
It was raining at 6:15 when I woke up but when I walked it was just
 cloudy and very windy.  Sun came out for a little while but then
the rest of the day it was cloudy.

Walked through town and met up with Cathy for a walk around
one of the cemeteries.

A short walk today, got a late start and had to go out in the
morning so could only walk 2 miles.

It was Baby Blanket day and I met with 11 others to make blankets.

Home for lunch and after lunch baked another batch of
chocolate chip cookies for Sunday.

I mentioned that at church this week every evening Don
Williams was preaching and drawing his chalk drawings.
He's done 4 so far.
Each drawing when a black light is help up to it, has another picture
within the picture.
You can kind of see the other images in the pictures in these photos of them.
My favorite so far is the Door - the other picture within it, is Jesus
standing with His arm reaching out inviting you in.
My second favorite

Two more nights to to.
Maybe I'll have a new favorite.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

I am so very thankful for my good health and I thank God every day!!

15 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those drawing are amazing.

Tom said...

...the last one is my favorite!

Michelle said...

Those drawings are beautiful. I did get a walk in today. My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed this morning and I was off for the day. Thought of you when I went out for a walk later today.

Vee said...

That must be so interesting to watch as they take shape. I don’t quite see the second pic except for the one with the soldiers saluting.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It was windy and cool when we walked today but it felt great to get outside. Hope you've had a blessed day. hugs

Adam said...

cool art pieces

Rose said...

Williams is a talented man! Very nice work.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Interesting work he does and you too. You should be commended for all you do for others.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh wow, these are amazing! My favorite is the door as well.
hugs,
Jann

eileeninmd said...

Hello, The art work is beautiful. I love them all. We had a nice morning walk too. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

happyone said...

The second picture is hidden and only is visible when a black light it held up to it.

happyone said...

Thanks for the kind words. God has so blessed me and I just try to give a little back. : )

Snow said...

Amazing chalk art! Thanks so much for sharing it!
Your new house is starting to look cozy!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

When I did art, pastels were my favourite to work with and Don
Williams work is beautiful. My favourite is the Door!!!
Enjoy your weekend :)

Lowcarb team member said...

This is amazing Art, and yes, I agree with you about the favourite ...
It is the door.

All the best Jan