Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 17, 2017

Cards and picture

I usually answer questions in comments in the next days post.  
At this time I am going back to answering them in the reply in comments.
📌     📌
🌲     🌲
It was 36 degrees this morning and cloudy when I went for my morning walk.
Nice that the wind died down from yesterday.
The sun came out when I was just getting home.

 Walked straight through town and around the cemeteries and
ball park loop and then around town again.

Down on the pond by the Drane house there were a whole bunch of geese.  
When I stopped to take their picture, half stayed and half flew away.
 I've noticed some people around town have put up their Christmas
decorations and the town decorations have been put up too.
There are about 15 lighted decorations put up on the telephone poles.
Angel, reindeer, candle, santa, drummer, tree, snowman, holly, wreath,
poinsettia, wooden soldier, and that is all that I can remember right now.

Saw a couple of those blue jays again and Milo the cat over by
the day care center in town was out.  I gave him a little pet as I walked by.

Walked 6 miles
🌲     🌲
This morning once again another batch of chocolate chippers got baked
for Sunday and the LAST one.
There were some left over for Ken. 😊
 I've looked at so many cookies lately I didn't even want to eat one!!

Got a bit of work done around the house.
Read a bit in the afternoon.

Here's some more vintage baby cards from when I was born.
Still have a couple more pictures of them and will post them at another time. 
Here's a picture of me many many years ago.
Kind of reminds me of Popeye. 😊



A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

I am Thankful for the my hearing.
A few of my favorite sounds.
The sound of water as it runs over rocks in a brook
the sound of a waterfall
chirping birds
a baby's laughter
rain on my umbrella
the church in town as the bells ring at noon and 6:00
that rumbling sound my car makes when I downshift

14 comments:

Christine said...

Pretty early morning sights & sounds! I have been having hearing problems lately so I am thankful for hearing too!

Tom said...

...there's a special appeal with vintage cards.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh the colours in the sky in your first picture are lovely.
I think your vintage baby cards are great and thanks for including the photograph of you too, nice to see.

Enjoy the remainder of Friday and have a good weekend.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

Those old cards are so elegant, so different from modern cards. I do love it when people start putting up Christmas lights on their houses, and town decorations on the poles. So pretty, and it just lightens my heart. What a wonderful time of year.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those older cards are so beautiful. You were a beautiful baby.

Adam said...

cute cards

Rose said...

That is a beautiful photo to begin this post with....you were a cute baby!

Happy@Home said...

The sky is so pretty in your first photo.
Adorable baby cards and an adorable little Karen too :).
Once again you have come up with something excellent to be thankful for.

The Furry Gnome said...

We do have so much to be thankful for.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your baby picture is too cute and sweet to be compared to Popeye!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty sunrise photo. I like your cute baby photo. We do all have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Just loved your cheery and lovely post today. The sense of hearing is so wonderful........and the things you listed are a treasure to hear! Love the pond photo with the geese. Vintage cards have such a beautiful charm to them!
Wishing you a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Lovely and cheerful post! It is wonderful to be able to hear all of the great things inside and outside! Love the photo of the pond!
Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

ellen b said...

Love the vintage baby cards and the sweet black and white of you as a babe.