Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A thankful heart

🍗     🍗
The thermometer read 34 degrees and a look out the window revealed
a misty rain.  So on went the rain pants.  Didn't bother with the 
umbrella because it was just a mist.

Two miles into my walk I was walking around the ball park loop
and the misty rain turned into snow showers.
That only lasted about 15 minutes and then the rest of my walk it was
just cloudy and windy.

I saw 4 deer running across the field and then later I saw one not so lucky
who didn't make it across the street.
A big truck must have hit it because it was really bad.
  
I saw Lisa out walking.  I was just leaving the cemetery and she
was just arriving.  She usually runs.

I found the first coin of the month, a penny.
Was starting to think that this was going to be the first month
ever that I didn't find any coins.

Walked 6 miles
🍗     🍗
The Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake last night I am happy to say was a big hit.
The whole cake was eaten up and no leftovers to bring home.
I did manage to get a little slice of it and it was delicious.
It will definitely be something that I will make again.

Ken and David went to get more loads of stone today while I stayed
home and got some things done around the house.

There was a misty rain for most of the day.
I spent most of the afternoon sitting in the front room
reading The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne.
A great way to spend a dreary afternoon.

Since I've been in the kitchen quite a bit lately I thought it would
be nice if we went out to Brenda's for pizza and that is what
we will be doing in just a little while.

A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

I am Thankful that God gave me a thankful heart and my happy outlook on life.
I am thankful to be content and have the peace and joy
that only Jesus can give.

16 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Sad when you see deer that didn't make it. Does it happen often or rarely?

Christine said...

Very similar weather conditions here today.
Glad your cheesecake was a hit!
Enjoy your pizza and Happy Thanksgiving!

John M said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Michelle said...

Misty rain/snow sounds like perfect weather to me! Nothing like spending a dreary day reading. My favorite thing to do. Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

happyone said...

Sadly it happens pretty often.

ellen b said...

Good things to be thankful for! Pizza sounds good right now.

Rose said...

I wonder how long it has been since you found a coin...I had not thought till you mentioned it that it has been a long time since you found one.


Happy Thanksgiving...

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving Karen.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Isn't great to read some old classics.
It always upsets me when I see a deer at the side of the road dead, even a fox, badger or bunny.
We had terrible wind and rain overnight but this morining is a beautiful sunny start.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family :)

Tom said...

...wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, cheesecake and pizza two of my favorite things. It is good to have a thankful heart. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, just catching up with your posts. So thankful you and Ken were alright after you little mishap. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Adam said...

cheescake is kind of like pizza, even the bad ones are good. Almost always a hit

happyone said...

Don't remember the exact date but it was in Oct.

happyone said...

Yes, I agree. 😊

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that the Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake was a big hit.

All the best Jan