Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Thursday

 What a beautiful dark blue sky.  One of the bluest I think I've ever seen.
Spotted an airplane up there and zoomed in.
🎃     🎃     🎃
A random walk for me this morning all over the place.
No Cathy today.  
The temperature was 37 degrees and the sun came up at 7:32 and
was a nice clear, sunny day.

Walked down by the Drane house and saw both horses out in the pasture.
They have started putting the new roof on the Drane house.
The car dealer in town is getting black top on their parking lot
today replacing the gravel one.

Walked 6 miles
🎃     🎃     🎃
Today I drove to church for Blanket for Babies day.  
There were 9 of us there making blankets.
I started a new weave-it blanket and made some blue squares.

After lunch I went with Ken up to the building site again.
The outside wall by the garage side was put up today and the top
plate holding everything together was done.
 The only interior wall left to do is the laundry room
and the closets.

Another good weather day for house building.  What a blessing it has
been to have such good weather at this time of the year.

No ice cream for me tonight.
I'm having some apple crisp that I made.
Maybe I'll put a dollop of whipped cream on it.

A smile from me to you.
happyone  😊

"Nobody gets to live backward.
Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
~ Ann Launders

Comment Replies:
Adam - They did a terrific job on the concrete on the garage floor!!  We are very happy with it.

Connie - I give our builder home made cookies.  😊

10 comments:

Tom said...

...we had the same sky here, what a gorgeous day!

Christine said...

Beautiful blue sky and with those red leaves against it, it makes me say, Wow!
The Drane House is a real gem and good to see it's being preserved.

Sandi said...

I like these morning walks “with” you, happyone. The simple beauty here is refreshing.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the sky is a beautiful blue color. Sounds like you had a nice day. I am happy for this beautiful weather too. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend.

Sue said...

We had a wonderful fall day here yesterday, as well! Blankets for babies seems like such a warm gesture of love! Always enjoy my walks with you.
Blessings,
Sue

Adam said...

it's amazing how high they fly

Pom Pom said...

Oh, the sky is brilliant! Apple crisp. YUM! I made some with lots of apples and not a lot of crisp. It was okay but easy to just eat half of a portion since it wasn't that tasty. Ha ha ha!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such an amazing colour sky - love your pictures.

All the best Jan

Debby Ray said...

Love the Drane house! Does someone live in it? Great old cabin. Enjoy your weekend!

ellen b said...

That is great that you've had such good weather for building! Those skies are beautifully blue!