Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

bedroom walls

 πŸ„     πŸ„     πŸ„
56 degrees this morning, cloudy and very still.
Walked behind my house and then over to public works to drop of the water bill 
(won't be doing that for very much longer.)  
Next stop was the post office to send off the bill for the drilling of the well. 
It will take some years to break even!

The rest of my walk was around town, including both cemeteries
and the ball park loop.
As I walked past the Rolling Pin Bakery some mighty 
good smells were coming from there.

No others out walking today.

Walked 6.4 miles
πŸ„     πŸ„     πŸ„
Walked down the street to Sherry's to get my hair trimmed.
Bad news for me, good news for her, is that she is retiring 
at the end of the year!!

We packed a lunch and went up to the building site.
Ronnie and Paul were working on the walls and the heating men were
there getting the duct work started.

We had our lunch and then walked up through the woods to where our cabin
is about a quarter of a mile away.

I painted the last coat of paint on the floor and Ken painted some trim which
he will put up at a latter time when it dries.

Walked back down to the building site and stayed around there for the
rest of the afternoon.
The first walls to go up are in the back and is our bedroom.


  Made another new recipe for supper tonight called
Soup Bowl Cabbage Rolls.
We both thought it was very good.
We had about half of it and put the other half in the
freezer for another meal.
Hopefully I'll get the recipe on my recipe blog tomorrow.

Looking forward to my ice cream.

Internet is still giving us trouble and it has taken me forever to get
this post written and posted.
A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊

"My mother says, "The reward for hard work is hard work,"
and that's the truth.  It's satisfying to finish something and feel
like it's the best you can do.
~ Alison Krauss

10 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Always amazes me how fast the walls go up and suddenly you have a house where there wasn't one before!

Grandma C said...

Leaves all over the road.. so pretty.

Tom said...

...how I wish that our color was as nice as yours. Nice to see the walls going up.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the image and view of the horse. we have leaves all over the place too. Those walls are going up quickly. That is awesome. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Its all coming together! The recipe sounds delicious! Cant wait to see it.
Everyone seems to be having some enternet issues latley. I wonder if its that or blogger.
Lisa

Debby Ray said...

More progress...yay! I have seen a recipe for Cabbage Roll Soup which sounds delicious. Cabbage rolls (with a side of mashed potatoes) are one of my favorite comfort foods!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's beginning to take shape. How exciting!

M.K. said...

Sorry for the internet troubles, but the house is looking very nice!

ellen b said...

Beautiful color and look at those walls!

o2bhiking said...

I smiled looking at the photo of the walls going up! I like the fall color shot as well.