Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 21, 2017

A look in the house

This is what I'll be looking at when I look out the kitchen window at the new house
when I'm doing the dishes.
🏠     🏠     🏠
This morning on my walk it was 41 degrees and the sun rose at 7:34.
Once the sun came up it was a nice sunny day with a few clouds.

Early Saturday morning is a nice quiet time around town with
no school or people going to work.

Had a nice walk all around town.
Didn't see any other people out and about.

When I got home I realized that I didn't take any pictures.
Walked 6 miles
🏠     🏠     🏠
After breakfast I did a load of laundry and got that hung up outside and
then we went to Happy Trails and spent the whole day there.

We had a big fire going and burned up all the scrap wood from the house.
Got a lot of brush burned too and have started clearing out where the
driveway will be.
The day zoomed by and we didn't get everything done that we wanted
to but did get a good full days work in.

Except for the linen closet, small broom closet and a closet in the second
bedroom all the interior walls are done.

I walked around the house taking pictures of all the rooms.
Kind of hard getting good pictures but hope this will give you a 
good idea of the floor plan.

Taken coming in the house from the garage.
The mud/laundry room.
The washer will go just to the right which I couldn't get in the picture.
Framed out there on the right is a small half bath.
Out of the laundry room and looking in to the kitchen.  
Not having a dining room but just a big kitchen.  
Opening will be French doors.
 The pantry is on the left side of the room across from the French doors.
Pantry there again on the right of the opening where the stairs will go down
to the basement.
Living room.
 This picture is taken standing against the back of the house and is in our bedroom. Straight back on the right is a walk in closet.
To the left of that is the bathroom.
The room on the other side of the bathroom is the second bedroom
which we will use as our office.

 Looking forward to sitting in my comfortable chair for the rest of the evening.
Life is Good
A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊

"Start living now.
Stop saving the good china for the special occasion.
Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes.
Every day you are alive is a special occasion.
Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God."
~ Mary Manin Morrissey



Comment replies:
Sharon - No, no one lives in the Drane house.  Check out the link below the posts that says DraneHouse to read about it.

19 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing these photo's showing your new home.
It really is coming along nicely isn't it.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Wonderful progress on the house. Enjoy your relaxation in that chair!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That view from your kitchen looks absolutely wonderful. I can imagine that you will also get to see some animals from time to time.

M.K. said...

Thanks for the walk through your house. That was fun!

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like that house will have everything you need. I keep thinking of the big garage!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

looks like the mudroom is going to be nice and big! Doing without a dining room for a large mudroom would be a perfect tradeoff for me.

Adam said...

before you know it, it will all be done

o2bhiking said...

I've always enjoyed walking through houses under construction, and imagining what they will look like when finished. Thanks for the guided tour. You new home's "bones" are pretty neat! I know that you will enjoy it.

o2bhiking said...

I meant to say, I wash a lot of dishes - hard to believe that there are just two of us sometimes - and I wish I had a view like that! :^)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you do have a lovely view looking out the window near the sink. Thanks for the tour. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead.

Henny Penny said...

I like that view from your kitchen window! You must be so excited. Makes me remember when we waited for our cabin to be built. I wanted to be here watching, all the time!

Tom said...

...things should fast now!

A Joyful Chaos said...

How exciting to be getting a new house!

Blessings~

Sue said...

Your house is coming along so nicely, thank you for the tour! Your view from the kitchen is beautiful.
Blessings,
Sue

Debby Ray said...

Wow...what a beautiful view! I would almost want to hand wash all of my dishes I had that view to see out of my window! It is really coming along!

Vee said...

Fun to see the layout of the house! It’s really coming along. Your views will be beautiful from every window!

Rose said...

I have caught up on what I have missed! Your house is coming right along!

Kerri Farley said...

A Beautiful view to do dishes with :)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Coming along brilliantly!!!