Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 25, 2017

Well Drilling

🍁     🍂     🍁

The temperature was 58 degrees this morning with some patchy fog around. 
 That didn't last long and there was plenty of sunshine after a couple miles.

Walked behind my house to start.  There are street lights and no traffic there
and by the time I'm walking down the main road outside of town
it is pretty light out.

Walked up Barn Sale a ways and then back to town and around both
cemeteries before heading back home.

Lisa was out running and I walked around one of the cemeteries with Cathy.

Walked 6.2 miles
🍁     🍂     🍁
I was at home all morning doing house chores and went up to the
building site after lunch.
Block was delivered for the garage but work won't start till
probably Wednesday.

Drilling for the well started today which is very exciting.
They drilled 60 feet of it so far and will be back tomorrow.
Very curious to know how deep down they will have to go to find water.
One neighbor they had to go down 700 feet but another neighbor had
water after 240 and still another at 50 so who knows.  My guess,
and it is just a hopeful guess, is 200 feet.  The more they have to drill,
the more it costs.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to tell you how deep the well is.
That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"The scientific truth may be put quite briefly;
eat moderately, having an ordinary diet,
and don't worry."
~ Robert Hutchison 1932
Comment replies:
PomPom - Oh yes, I'll have my swing, taking it with me to the new house.

17 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful early morning shots!
It's very interesting to see the drilling - let's hope they find water before 200ft!

Sandi said...

700 feet! I hope you don't have to go that far. We have a well and it is pretty far down. Our in-laws across the street didn't have to go anywhere near as deep. Weird how that works!

I like the quote at the end, especially the "don't worry" part. Sometimes our modern world complicates simple things...sometimes! ;)

Dianna said...

How exciting about the well drilling! Hopefully they won't have to go much further down than what they did today. I know you must get so excited when you think of moving into a home that your hubby designed! God is good!

Michelle said...

I hope the well won't have to go too deep. My husband is a "dowser". He told me anyone could do it and he tried to "teach" me. Ha! No luck for me, or my son. However, our daughter seems so inclined. Family trait :)

Adam said...

700 feet is a huge well, I'm glad I'm on well water. The water companies dont' own me

Tom said...

...my well in the mountains is 550 feet deep, 13 feet of steel casing and the rest through solid granite.

Leslie said...

Wow.. I had no idea that wells were so deep! Beautiful shots from your morning walk.

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope it goes well! Ours is 80 feet deep, and in a very good watr supply.

ellen b said...

Hope you hit water soon! Exciting times!

Henny Penny said...

I love the Goldenrod flowers this time of the year. I didn't know the deeper the well the more it cost. Hope you are right about 200 feet.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

A well, exciting, I wonder how far down it will go xx

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those foggy pictures.I hope the drilling doesn't have to go too deep.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenes and photos from your walk. I hope they do not have to go down too far for your well. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Connie said...

I love that first photo . . . you take the best pictures :)
How interesting to watch them drilling your well, and how exciting, too. I do hope that they don't have to go too deep.
Stay Happy!
Connie :)

Ruta M. said...

That's a long way down for your well. I hope you hit water soon. When we had our bore hole (well) was done they hit the aquifer at 35 ft and the water pressure is enough to keep water coming through even if the pump trips out. Peter tells me that when the dowser was here his twig spun around and then broke which he said didn't usually happen.

Vee said...

🍂🍃🦌🍃🍂 Happy October!

(Just peeking in...)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

How amazing that you drill for water. We just have to connect to the mains outside our home.
Love your photos in this post.
Have a great week :)