Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Saturday

🍁     🍂     🍁

This morning I had a quiet random walk around town.
It was a  beautiful sunny morning and 55 degrees.

Walking around one of the cemeteries I saw four deer come out of the corn field.  Two adults and two little ones.
 I thought for sure a couple driving around town was going to stop and ask me for directions but they never did.  They passed me a few times after turning around. 
The wife probably said, why don't we stop and ask that walker for directions,
and he said no, I know where I'm going.  😊


The town pond is started to look better now.  Nice with the fountain in it and I noticed along the edges of the pond some cattails coming back and there is some yellow flowers around too.
Walked 6.2 miles



🍁     🍂     🍁
I did some laundry and when I went to hang it up outside saw that some 
animal and chewed through two of the lines and several pieces of the
line was on the ground.  Maybe squirrels or chipmunks getting nesting material?
Ken had my lines fixed in no time and my wash was blowing in the breeze.

This afternoon I finally got the lawn mowed for this week. 
Probably won't have to do that chore too many more times this year.
I was going to do a little more cutting of the dead daisies 
and pulling weeds but ended up sitting in the swing.
It was like a summer day here this afternoon.
 
A happy day to you.
happyone 💗

"There ought to be a way to combine 'autumn' and 'morning' into one word, 
the combination of the two is special enough to be its own entity."
~ Terri Guillemets

15 comments:

Christine said...

Love those sky shots!
I was glad today to hang out washing and also mow the lawn!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Had to laugh at the little buggers chewing your line! It's always something. That first picture is amazing with that blue, blue sky! Really lovely.

Adam said...

Doesn't take long for animals to ruin something

Cat Lover said...

Sounds like a lovely day Karen. We are having the same thoughts concerning lawn mowing too. Probably only have to mow a couple more times.
Have a good Sunday.
Robin

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the sky images are beautiful. I like the pond and fountain, very pretty. The critter chew on the weirdest things. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Tom said...

...a couple of great skies.

ellen b said...

I mowed the lawn this past week and I'm wondering if I'll have to do it one more time or more. You had some lovely views these past mornings!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another nice Saturday for you. Beautiful skies. Glad you got your clothes lines fixed. I have a clothes line here at my house, but I haven't used it yet. I should. The clothes lines are retractible. I do like that fountain in the town pond. Hope the week ahead is a great one for you.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Beautiful skies.
At least your line was broken before you put your nice clean laundry on it. Unlike me the other week, mine snapped with the weight of my washing! Me in the middle!
Have a great week :)

Pietro Brosio said...

Wonderful images, lovely skies!

Happy@Home said...

Looks like perfect weather to hang the clothes out. Glad to hear Ken was able to fix it for you.
I had to laugh at the conversation that might have taken place in that car. I'll bet you are exactly right about that one.

Pom Pom said...

Good for you, sitting in the swing. Will you have a good swing at your new house? You could hang it from a limb!

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful pictures! Ken sure is a handy fellow :)

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous photos Karen. Glad to hear some plants are coming back around the pond.
Have a good day!
Robin

Sandi said...

Bliss! These are beautiful pictures.

Love that quote at the end!