Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 14, 2017

No foundatation yet

πŸƒ     πŸƒ
It was a drizzly morning and 58 degrees.

Took my umbrella with me but when the rain stopped after 3 miles 
I walked back home, dropped the umbrella off and continued walking another 3.2 miles.
A random walk this morning all over the place.

Usually don't see others out walking on rainy mornings and it was like
that today too.
Pretty quiet around town.
πŸƒ     πŸƒ
It was a blueberry pancake breakfast for us today, my favorite.

Did a quick few things around the house and then we went up to the 
building site.  Was a bit disappointed that the foundation wasn't started yet.
They were still hauling in equipment that they needed for the job. 
Water, scaffolding, and some other odds and ends.  
Tomorrow they will start the block foundation.

Today Wilbur had the job of burning the big pile of trees, stumps, and brush.
That was fun to watch and made up for not having the foundation started.
Something fascinating about watching a fire burn.

My friendly neighborhood cows were out in the pasture across the street
and I went and talked to them by the fence.  I almost petted one but
chickened out.  One of these days I'll do it.

We came back home about 3:00.
Did a little reading before supper.
That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone πŸ’—
"How is it that one match can start a forest fire,
but it takes a whole box of matches to start a campfire?"
~ Christy Whitehead

15 comments:

Tom said...

...oh, that first pic is magic!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Isn't that quote the truth! We camped a lot and starting a fire is sometimes impossible. Looking forward to seeing the foundation get started. That will make it seem real somehow, won't it?

Michelle said...

I agree with Tom's comment, I love that first picture. Could have been taken right here in my neck of the woods!

Sue said...

Love burning piles, I told dh today I am looking forward to leaves burning.
Soon and very soon, everything will begin to fall into place!
Blessings,
Sue

The Furry Gnome said...

Just hold your hand up to the cow and let it sniff you. Then it knows you're not threatening.

Christine said...

I'm wondering what the sign means? Love the old barns there.
Furry Gnome is right about the cows...they will just take a quick sniff!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the first and last photos are my favorite. Pretty fall colors. It will be great to see the foundation going up. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Lisa said...

Pretty photos. Our leaves are starting to turn some around here.
Hope you get a picture of you petting the cows one day. We need proof! Haha
Lisa

M.K. said...

I love a burn pile :) Seeing the photos of those misty, curvy WVa roads makes me homesick. You should go ahead and pet the cow's nose. It's a lot like a horse's nose. If she'll let you do it, you're perfectly safe, esp. on your side of the fence. I love cows.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

mmm... blueberry pancakes for breakfast sounds delicious!!
I love cows as long as there is a fence between us!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Ruth Hiebert said...

There is something about watching the flames on an open fire that is totally mesmerizing.

Debby Ray said...

I love watching fire too. No foundation maybe but progress IS progress. We will be in your position in a year from now...maybe...construction is a lot of hurry up and wait, huh?

o2bhiking said...

Fires are mesmerizing. When I was camping the other week, we built a nice campfire and really enjoyed it. Blueberry pancakes - mmmmm! You would not have to ask me twice, especially if you had maple syrup!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the colours in your last photograph.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Take some apples/quarter one and offer to the cows. Every cow we ever had liked their neck rubbed under their jaw, etc. They will stretch way, way out. If they are used to being handled, they will like that. And if it comes to the fence, then I am betting they are. If they are inquisitive, that is a good sign.